PDA

View Full Version : Just looking for some quick opinions on my blog

JuRat
03-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I just review books when I feel like writing about one.

http://readingrat.blogspot.com/

Just would like some quick opinions

alleycat
03-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I like that it's a nice, clean-looking blog. I think you could come up with something a little better for the "About This Blog" blurb however.

JuRat
03-06-2010, 03:12 PM
I like that it's a nice, clean-looking blog. I think you could come up with something a little better for the "About This Blog" blurb however.

Yeah I should. I'm just a lazy blogger and can't bring myself to doing it.

DisobedientWriter
03-08-2010, 04:26 AM
I like it - even the blurb. It's straightforward.

The contrast between the text & background is not great enough for me. My eyes strained. Also, I always prefer sans serif fonts for online for the same reason. Other than that, though, the blog worked for me.

And I totally agree about the cover of Then We Came to the End. I have the American version & the Coca-Cola letters are much cooler. :)

Topaz044
03-09-2010, 09:42 AM
I like your title, but I have to say I'm not crazy about the background color. Still, it's a nice blog with good content.

nitaworm
03-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Love the title, but you may want to spice up the background a bit more. The color is not my personal favorite. Maybe you can find a picture for a background or make the colors more dynamic. Good go at it. I'll check back to see what changes you made.

djinnlover
06-04-2010, 07:48 AM
JuRat... just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your blog. It's clean-looking, easy to read, and your reviews are fun. I really enjoyed your review of McCarthy's "No Country For Old Men."

If you liked that one, definitely check out "Blood Meridian." It's probably McCarthy's greatest work, and the one that he'll be known for for decades to come. It's also really bloody and poetic like his other works. You'll definitely dig it.

Bob