Happy birthday to my baby daughter. She's One today.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
That's right, baby Alayna was born exactly one year ago. I can't believe it's been that long. Seems like only yesterday I was watching Meatballs on satellite and getting ready to go to the hospital. I had to DVR Meatballs since they never show it.

The new series Knight Rider was also on that week. We watched that in our hospital room the night (or the night after) she was born.

She's crawling everywhere and can take a few hesitant walking steps before she drops. She's also waving "bye bye" when you ask her to wave. Most of the time, anyway.

She started saying mama last fall, and started saying dada on October 31, my birthday.

She loves music, and watches the TV and listens when I'm flipping channels and happen upon Great Performances and an opera is on. She's also "playing" piano, but will be taking lessons when she grows up a little more.

She's a great little baby and I'm glad we have her. I'm also glad I was unemployed through this first year so I could experience her growing up. Too bad I have to give that up when I return to work.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to her!

We almost share the same one. Mine was yesterday.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Happiness to you and yours, Allen. We'll expect the obligatory "cake all over the face" pic later today... :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like it could possibly have been a year to us, either. I'm with Yeshanu--where's our pictures, damn it?

Happy birthday, sweetie!

Maryn, all mushy

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That went by fast! Happy 1st birthday!

I'm so glad you got to be there the first year too! What a blessing and you made it through. I remember when you were worried about it.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Oh my GOSH! It feels like just yesterday that you announced her birth! Wow. Another year gone. I'm sure it was a blessed one for you. Congrats, and happy birthday to the birthday girl!

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score
A very happy birthday to the little one! Sending her best wishes.

:Cake: Here's some cake for her too. ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-3.gif

2-1.gif