Don't Ask, Don't Tell backlash has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, for the LOVE OF GOD people!

Being gay is like being straight. Just...you're gay instead of straight. Do I have to go around and physically beat this into people?

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
What does it matter?

When you are in combat,all that matter is whether the guy next to you can shoot straight.

Jasus,these folks need to get.over.it.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Johnson said he expects that the review will consider all aspects of the military legal code related to "don't ask, don't tell," including rules on sodomy and oral sex.

The Uniform Code of Military Justice prohibits sodomy and oral sex, even among consenting adults and married couples.
You'd think this would be a big plus to get changed for everyone, regardless of orientation...

Reaction score
Why do men and women, for the most part, have separate bathrooms?

Why, in college, do men live with men and women live with women?

Why aren't two guys living with one girl?

Why are there female only gyms in which men can't join?

Why are there female showers and male showers at the gym?

Why aren't men and woman all using all the same facilities and co-habitating as if there is no difference between the genders?

What are the reasons for these societal rules?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why do men and women, for the most part, have separate bathrooms?

Why, in college, do men live with men and women live with women?

Why aren't two guys living with one girl?

Why are there female only gyms in which men can't join?

Why are there female showers and male showers at the gym?

Why aren't men and woman all using all the same facilities and co-habitating as if there is no difference between the genders?

What are the reasons for these societal rules?

Per my father, it's because men can't keep their pants zipped when there's the slightest bit of temptation. *shrug*

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So then the answer should be to ban *men* from the military. Right?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
The thing is, I'm not sure how anyone can claim confidence in our military superiority and leadership and then turn around and say that the military leaders who testified before Congress in favor or repealing DADT don't know what they're talking about.

Kinda can't have it both ways.

Reaction score
So then the answer should be to ban *men* from the military. Right?

I'm in favor of gays in the military as long as the privacy rights and safety rights of the straight people and gay people are taken into account and not disregarded as "ohhhh....you're just being stupid."

Really?

The fact that a straight man might not want to shower with a gay man the same way a straight woman might not want to shower with a straight man and many other privacy situations need to be addressed.

And if they are....who could deny the right of gays to serve?

Not I.

Once again. The right answer is in the middle. Not GAYS SHOULD BE BANNED and not JUST LET THEM SERVE.

Lets them serve but you better work out the logistics for safety reasons, privacy reasons and just plain common sense doing it the right way for everybody.

Thank you.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
So it's better to shower with a bunch of guys suspecting, rather than knowing, that any one of them might be lusting after your hairy butt?

Maybe it's not all that difficult. Maybe if they could just be who they are, nekkid time could be scheduled. Of course, that won't help if your hairy butt looks cute in camo, but hey, what're going to do?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Billy, you DO know that just because one is gay does not mean one is instantly attracted to all men ever, right?

Most men in the army I have met range between attractive and unattractive, just like all men anywhere ever.

And frankly, a gay man isn't about to hit on a macho straight man who he wants to watch his back during a fucking fire fight!

Well...unless the gay man in question is an idiot, but thats more of a problem of how do we keep idiots out of our army...

I can understand the concern, but its kind of unfounded and based off a stereotypical vision of what gay men think like.

Reaction score
Billy, you DO know that just because one is gay does not mean one is instantly attracted to all men ever, right?

Most men in the army I have met range between attractive and unattractive, just like all men anywhere ever.

And frankly, a gay man isn't about to hit on a macho straight man who he wants to watch his back during a fucking fire fight!

Well...unless the gay man in question is an idiot, but thats more of a problem of how do we keep idiots out of our army...

I can understand the concern, but its kind of unfounded and based off a stereotypical vision of what gay men think like.

Okay. So....because one man is straight doesn't mean he is instantly attracted to all woman, right?

So..let the straight man shower in the women's shower with the women, right?

That cool for you straight woman? Is it okay if I jump into the shower with you in the gym? You're probably gross. I like hot chicks. I just want to shower. Believe me I aint interested.

'Nuff said.

I'm not worried about being hit on. I'm not worried about stereotypes.

Simple common sense. The same way a woman doesn't want to shower with a straight man or go to the bathroom with them in there, straight men and women don't want to AND HAVE EVERY RIGHT to expect that same level of privacy and consideration.

It's not rocket science. It's pretty simple and your not understanding proves my point of why people who go "Just them serve!! WHo cares about anything!" is ridiculous and unfair.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"privacy reasons"

You are the property of the United States Military. "privacy"? Not so much.

Hey..I hear ya....It ain't easy and there will be situations where all bets are off.

But once common sense issues of privacy and safety are addressed for both straights and gays, let 'em in. The more the merrier.

And that's what the military is trying to work out as we speak.

Let's do this, but how are we gonna do this and make it work.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
There are coed showers, Billy.

Frankly, I think that our constant sexualization of nudity is a bit silly. Being nude can be very sexy. But just being nude isn't instantly sexy.

Ift hat makes sense.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Simple (but costly and impractical) solution: make all bathrooms one-holers and all showers single-entry. That gives everyone privacy without even having to raise gender or sexual preference issues.

Hey, I've got it: instead of bunkhouses, billet all soldiers into private homes! Oh, wait - that hasn't worked out so well in the past, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.