PDA

View Full Version : Epic Mickey

maxmordon
03-03-2010, 03:44 AM
Alright, anyone else is hyped by this game and the revamping of Mickey Mouse, no?

Go and google it, see the images and the videos and it's from the same brain behind System Shock... no? Nothing? Oh well...

I am hyped! I knew getting a WII instead of a PS3 or an XBOX 360 would had its merits sooner or later.

Zoombie
03-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Uh..wow.

maxmordon
03-03-2010, 05:47 AM
I know right, it's like, Disney became another thing after Michael Eisner left the building.

I mean, whenever you thought Disney would release something like this:

http://lpvmx.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/disney-epic-mickey-116001.jpg

It's like, holy crap, the mouse has balls now!

Zoombie
03-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Is Disney even remotely related to this project?

Dommo
03-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Maybe a Mickey Mouse god of war style fighter is in order. That could be pretty entertaining.

maxmordon
03-03-2010, 09:59 AM

It uses many classic characters of Disney films (some illustrations of the robots show them as discarded mix and match creatures, among them, I remember one with the cab of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? as a torso and with the head of Hades) and Disney even exchanged an ABC sportscaster to return the copyrights of Oswald The Rabbit and it's getting published by Disney Interative Studios.

So, it seems they pretty much gave Warren Spector a bunch of Disney characters while telling him "Help us Warren Spector, you're our only hope".

maxmordon
03-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Concept art (http://www.unseen64.net/2009/09/28/epic-mickey-wii-concept/), what do you think?

LOG
03-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Yes, it's published by Disney Interactive Studios.

Kingdom Hearts, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nightmare before Christmas, Chronicles of Narnia, the Incredibles,

paperbacklove
03-03-2010, 06:02 PM
YES! A thousand times, yes!! I can't wait to play it.

scottishpunk
03-24-2010, 02:04 AM
I've actually been pretty stoked about this for a long time. It looks original and a bit dark, but respectful to the spirit of the old characters at the same time. I just wish it was coming out for other systems as well. I don't own a Wii.

Wavy_Blue
03-24-2010, 07:41 AM
How did I miss this thread first time around???

I am SO excited for this game. Mickey Mouse has become too...nice in recent years. In his early days, Mickey really was a trouble maker, and so it's really cool to see the designers taking him back to this sort of character. Also, there are some Disney park-inspired structures in that concept art that makes me fangasm. I truly hope it's as good as it looks.

maxmordon
03-26-2010, 02:10 AM
How did I miss this thread first time around???

I am SO excited for this game. Mickey Mouse has become too...nice in recent years. In his early days, Mickey really was a trouble maker, and so it's really cool to see the designers taking him back to this sort of character. Also, there are some Disney park-inspired structures in that concept art that makes me fangasm. I truly hope it's as good as it looks.

They are going to use the "It's A Small World" song backwards, I found a version of it in Youtube and it's creepingly awesome.