PDA

View Full Version : PM Box Nearly Full

Hedgetrimmer
03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey, my PM box is 92% full. I went in to try to delete some of the older messages but don't see how to do so. Can anybody help me out?

Pthom
03-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Go to your User Control Panel (UserCP) at the left in the blue bar. Where you see Welcome Hedgetrimmer, click on the link to Private Messages. You should see a list of all your messages. Each one will have a check box to the right. Check that box on any message you wish to delete. Then scroll to the bottom of the page. Next to the words Selected Messages, there is a selection box. Find "delete" in that box, then click the [Go] button to the right. Voila.

Hedgetrimmer
03-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks a bunch!

Margarita Skies
03-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Also, keep in mind that in your inbox, your storage space is not only affected by the messages you RECEIVE but also by the messages you SEND, so make sure you clear off your SENT MESSAGES folder also, so you'll have more space. Last night I had very little space left with 2 messages sent and 2 messages received, but it seems that they increased the storage limit to 150 messages allowed, but I went ahead and cleared it up anyway.

Bufty
03-04-2010, 04:20 AM
Very little space left with two messages sent and two received???

What are you smokin', M? :Hug2:

You still had space for 146 messages!!

Also, keep in mind that in your inbox, your storage space is not only affected by the messages you RECEIVE but also by the messages you SEND, so make sure you clear off your SENT MESSAGES folder also, so you'll have more space. Last night I had very little space left with 2 messages sent and 2 messages received, but it seems that they increased the storage limit to 150 messages allowed, but I went ahead and cleared it up anyway.

Cella
03-04-2010, 05:53 AM
If you don't need copies of the messages you send, go to "Edit Options" in your control panel, scroll down to "Private Messaging" and un-check the appropriate box.

poetinahat
03-04-2010, 06:01 AM
You can also export and download your messages to a file before deleting them.

Silver King
03-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Even with a mod-enhanced box that holds 500 messages, I'm constantly hovering in the high 90% full mode because I'm lazy and clear out just enough messages so that the box doesn't reach its capacity. I've been waiting for the day that it gets maxed out, but it hasn't happened yet!

cray
03-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Even with a mod-enhanced box that holds 500 messages, I'm constantly hovering in the high 90% full mode because I'm lazy and clear out just enough messages so that the box doesn't reach its capacity. I've been waiting for the day that it gets maxed out, but it hasn't happened yet!

i have no idea what the regular-joe inbox capacity even is!
i'm the exact opposite,......i keep that baby nice and clean. you could eat off of my inbox.

oh.
that did not sound right.

anyway, send me a pm and chances are that it will be deleted 10 seconds after i read it (or reply). now, that's not to say that i don't care about your pm it just means i have a problem.

Margarita Skies
03-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Very little space left with two messages sent and two received???

What are you smokin', M? :Hug2:

Say what?! :cry:

poetinahat
03-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Magali,

I'm not aware of the exact mailbox settings for members right now, but mailbox capacity is measured in number of messages - it has nothing to do with data volume. The max storage was twenty messages when joined, and I think it's been expanded. From Bufty's post, I gather that the capacity is 150 messages.

So, if you only have two messages sent and two received, you would have had room for 146 messages - over 97% of your allowance was still free.

Margarita Skies
03-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Magali,

I'm not aware of the exact mailbox settings for members right now, but mailbox capacity is measured in number of messages - it has nothing to do with data volume. The max storage was twenty messages when joined, and I think it's been expanded. From Bufty's post, I gather that the capacity is 150 messages.

So, if you only have two messages sent and two received, you would have had room for 146 messages - over 97% of your allowance was still free.

Thank you so much!! :)

Balthaser
03-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but my PM box only holds 25 messages. (That includes sent and received.)

That doesn't sound right...

jvc
03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but my PM box only holds 25 messages. (That includes sent and received.)

That doesn't sound right...
If I remember correctly, when you hit 50 posts your PM box will go through a growth spurt ;)