How would ED WOOD handle this rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naimas

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I got 5 rejections today and one acceptance (its from NY Creative and he wants the whole manuscript) from what I hear its not the best set up)

Anyway, I'm sitting on my bed with my girlfriend and she starts trying to say it's just part of the business.

I was mentioning one rejection in particular where the agent said,

"I doubt there is a paying hardcover audience for this, so I will pass, but thanks and good luck."

I decided to explain it to my girlfriend like Johnie Depp as Ed Wood.

"Look it's not so bad honey, look at the bright side! He's not saying it wouldnt make a good hard cover book he's actually saying it would make a tremendous soft cover book! I've read rejections where they don't even mention the cover!!"

She almost fell off the bed laughing.

naimas

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
PS

It was rejections to Query letters, not proposals. And it was nonfiction.

RainBrain

Registered
Reaction score
naimas said:
Hi,

I got 5 rejections today and one acceptance (its from NY Creative and he wants the whole manuscript) from what I hear its not the best set up)

Anyway, I'm sitting on my bed with my girlfriend and she starts trying to say it's just part of the business.

I was mentioning one rejection in particular where the agent said,

"I doubt there is a paying hardcover audience for this, so I will pass, but thanks and good luck."

I decided to explain it to my girlfriend like Johnie Depp as Ed Wood.

"Look it's not so bad honey, look at the bright side! He's not saying it wouldnt make a good hard cover book he's actually saying it would make a tremendous soft cover book! I've read rejections where they don't even mention the cover!!"

She almost fell off the bed laughing.

an agent that would say something like that surely is one to show off to once one finally acquires successs. i mean, jeeeze. that was harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.