Reading on the iPod...Oh my!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who thinks this is about the slickest thing in the world to happen?

Even slicker than the ole Kindle and Sony Reader cause, well, the iPod is like a mini computer. I can read a book, check the weather, update facebook, and play Skee Ball all on the same device.

Mind = Blown

:D

Seriously, though, I've started reading on my iPod lately and I can't get enough of that little bugger. I'm really enjoying the experience.

Who else among you enjoys reading on the iPod. Screen size, to me, is a non-issue.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
isn't the lighting different than that of other e-readers?

I personally haven't tried either ereader or reading on an iPod.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love my iTouch, but I don't read books on it because I'm farkin' blind. The iPad sounds promising though. It's like the Reader's Digest large print edition of the touch. (You need really big pockets to carry it around though.)

Deleted member 42

You can use the font and size on the iPhone or iTouch, which is one reason I like reading on it. The screen is back-lit and color, and you can adjust the lighting as well; great for reading on planes or in bed without needing a light or annoying a companion.

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
The Sony e-reader is not back lit,so it's nicer to read.Also you only use a small amount of power to change the page.You can easily read half a dozen books before the battery runs down.O K it can't do all the other stuff but as a portable book reader it's hard to beat.