Reaction score
Green Beer

Yuck! :tongue

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think cray just doesn't like that he doesn't get anymore birthday wishes. :rolleyes:

I like March. And I like TO march. It's an all around good month for me.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I hear versions of "Next month's your month!" or "It's almost your month!"

But, the fact that my bday, my SO's bday, and a couple of my friends' bdays are this month make up for it.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always think it's going to finally get warm and nice and it never does.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
March is my favorite month. I like the green beer. I like the Ides. I like the madness. I like all of it.

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
It's the beginning of the end of the cool weather here.

I actually like March. It's my eldest's birthday month (tho, unfortunately, also my mom's b-day month), the kids have spring break, the desert is green from all the spring rain, the days are mild, the Ren Fest is in town, Flogging Molly sometimes stops by the state for a St. Pat's bash, soda bread + corned beef/cabbage (while about as Irish as we are--which is to say not very--and libel to turn one into a gas factory...still good), ummm...

March is actually one of the few months that gets a free pass from me.

May through mid-October...blech...

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
I love March! Spring is on its way. Yay!!

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This isn't such a bad month. Now Smarch on the other hand, with its lousy weather... pssh... don't get me started.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
That's its not June.

seriously- all the snow melts- if we are lucky, but that brings mud and with three big dogs, my house does not bode well.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only things I like about March is that I have a couple relatives' birthdays and it's *supposedly* the beginning of spring, which is my hands-down favorite season.

Otherwise? Meh. Rain, sludge, mud, and spring break w/ four rambunctious kids, with weather too crappy for them to go outside and play? I'll bulk order some Calgon and tequila, thanks.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
The spring storms that we get here in SE Missouri are what I dread most in the month of March. Last year the wind damage was minor to my home but my home was damaged never-the-less. In 2008 a hundred-plus year old oak tree was blown over by severe storms and crushed a large section of my home. In 2006, a tornado completely destroyed my old home and a good deal of the contents.
And now that I am done with the negative side of March let me tell what I like about this turbulent month. I like that the grass starts turning green and that certain tree's are starting to bud. I like that the Red Breasted Robin has came back for the year among some of the other birds that return to our area every year. I like that the days are growing longer and that the tempertures can be warm enough for short sleeve shirts during the day and that the nights are still cool enough to enjoy a roaring hot bonfire. I like the promise of nicer, warmer days and March holds that promise for me every year.