WCDR Scholarship Finalist

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Last month I applied to the Writer's Circle of Durham Region Scholarship. I just received this in a lovely email:

Thank you for your submission to our very first granting program. We were thrilled to see the number of accomplished entries and enjoyed reviewing the many writing samples that were provided.

This was an extremely challenging competition to judge – we wished we had twice as many grants to give out as we did. While your application was not chosen, we want you to know your submission made it into the “finalists.” We were impressed with your passion and your vision, the effort and discipline you have put into developing your writer’s craft so far and the goals you articulated for the next steps in your writing career.

By submitting your application to our scholarship program you took an important step in developing your writing career. This is our first year of offering scholarships and we hope to continue to be able to offer this opportunity to our members in future years. We strongly encourage you to apply again next year and to apply to other programs in the meantime – you have a very strong contender in your entry and with continued application we have not doubt of your eventual success in getting the funding you are looking for.

We wish you success in your future studies and especially in your writing journey.

Thank you again for your application to The Writers' Circle of Durham Region Scholarship and Granting program for 2010.

Even though I didn't win, I still feel like a winner and their words of encouragement have come at a time when I really needed them concerning my writing. You can't ask for anything more when the answer is no. This is such a great example of how "no" is still yes in many ways.

Kim, floating on cloud nine.

Last edited:

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratumalations, Kim!!! :D

:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Damn! I read the thread title and thought you were awarded one of the scholarships. Sorry to hear, Kim...but thrilled that you made the short list...it's a good list to make. I'm sure they received a pile of submissions. You should be very proud to have made that list! Congrats!