Status
Not open for further replies.

Topaz044

Resident Zombie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.warofthesoulites.com
So today I had my first audio interview for my series, War of the Soulites. I was kind of dreading this because I'm really not good at public speaking. I talk too fast, too quietly, and I stutter. And don't get me wrong-I did those exact things in the interview. But there were other parts where I actually sound pretty calm and relaxed. Overall, I think I did pretty well, especially considering that my cat was jumping in my lap every two minutes.

I really have to give one piece of advice-don't study a script too hard. If you do, you sound rehearsed and you kind of fumble if you miss a word. There were times when I sort of glanced at the script, figured out the paragraph I wanted to say, then thought and reworded it. In my opinion I just sounded more natural that way. Secondly, don't be afraid to do it. What's the worst that can happen, right?

So yeah, that's my sort of success story. The link is here if anyone's interested:

http://www.pagereaders.com/

Cheers,
Natasha

Last edited:

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go! I think speaking naturally makes an interview more interesting to listen to. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.