Firearms, shooting or tactics assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAPS

Hello,

I may have posted this before, and if so I apologize.

In any event, my name is Bryan S. Williams. I am the president and chief instructor at Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC (www.wa-protective.com) and the author of my first book entitled: Welcome to the Real World, A Dangerous Place to be Caught Unprepared! (www.wttrw.com) Which is a book on self-defense and personal protection.

As I am sure we all agree, accuracy in writing is or should be important. However it is often difficult if not impossible for anyone to know everything about their subject matter especially when writing fiction. Therefore with this thought in mind, I would like to offer my services, to anyone who is in need of a consultant for their writing projects, which are related to either firearms, tactics, shooting or personal security.

Anyone would like to discuss this service further is encouraged to contact me directly at [email protected]

Thanks for your time.

Be Safe

Bryan S. Williams
Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC

Main Website - www.wa-protective.com
New Book Website - www.wttrw.com

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Thanks for the offer, WAPS! I personally don't need the help, since I write hunting and gun technical articles, but I know a lot of writers who can use this type of assistance. What do you plan to charge per hour to answer questions?

WAPS

Hi Cathy,

Sorry for the delayed response. In response to your question, my standard rates for consulting services range between $95.00 - $175.00 per hour. However since much of this type of assistance can be accomplished via e-mail or over the telephone, I would likely charge $25.00 - $35.00 per hour.

It would really depend on the depth of the answers required.

PLease if you know of anyone or require any assistance yourself, please do not hesitate to let me know. I can be reached directly at [email protected] or 203.924.1784

Thanks and be safe

Bryan S. Williams

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Thanks! Well, usually they're one shot questions, like "how many bullets can a Taurus .38 shoot?" but sometimes they get trickier. For example, on one loop I belong to, an author was writing a vampire novel where the heroine bought regular off-the-shelf bullets. She wanted to find an element that would be contained in a bullet that the vampire could be affected by for the very first time, even after having lived for centuries. Of course, that got into metallurgy issues and some trade secrets of bullet manufacturers, and then even into biology (such as if he was allergic to copper, why wouldn't blood bother him, which contains trace elements?)

The trick to answering the questions of authors, I've found, is to narrow the scope, rather than just answer outright (except in the case of the cylinder sort of question, like above.)

But I'll be happy to pass along your name in a few places. Just know that you're competing with several FREE police chatrooms where they often answer author questions like this. The $25-35 range is more likely to interest someone, but they'll expect a full hour of answers for the money. Writers are notoriously cheap. LOL! :D

WAPS

No problem. Thanks.

As an instructor, I generally avoid the short answers unless really necessary.

If at any time you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Be Safe

Bryan S. Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.