PDA

View Full Version : YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL!!

Art_Sempai
02-27-2010, 04:14 AM
...Playing...Dante's Inferno that is. :evil

Dantes Inferno 9 Circles of Hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=XfHSOIPx5lE&feature=related

I don't have a new system so, I just watched the walkthrough on YouTube lol.
The story was pretty good for this game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epg-QHmT3tw

User posting is blackjester40
http://www.youtube.com/user/blackjester40#p/u/79/Epg-QHmT3tw

Medievalist
02-27-2010, 04:20 AM
A couple of medievalists who are pretty hard-core Dante scholars are talking about buying consoles *just so they can play*.

I'm hearing lots of rave gamer reviews too.

DeleyanLee
02-27-2010, 04:23 AM
We have it. It's freaky awesome. The game controls are much like God of War (my daughter calls it "Dante of War"), but the graphics and concepts are really great.

They got Wayne Barlow to do some of the design creation. Truly fantastic stuff.

It's also the first game that I've seen that, in my opinion, really EARNS its M for Mature rating.

Art_Sempai
02-27-2010, 05:06 AM
We have it. It's freaky awesome. The game controls are much like God of War (my daughter calls it "Dante of War"), but the graphics and concepts are really great.

They got Wayne Barlow to do some of the design creation. Truly fantastic stuff.

It's also the first game that I've seen that, in my opinion, really EARNS its M for Mature rating.

LUST!

DeleyanLee
02-27-2010, 05:17 AM
That one was bad--and somewhat icky. Especially the pre-boss fight extras.

Gluttony, OTOH, is out and out gross and really well-done.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the 7th level of Hell--the Sodomites. Can't wait to see what they did with that one.

CheekyWench
02-27-2010, 05:24 AM
All I can say is... Holy Cleopatra's boobies, Batman!!

Wavy_Blue
02-27-2010, 05:49 AM
I've actually been hearing mixed reviews on this one. Great concept, but I've heard the combat is derivative. I thought the Super Bowl commercial was awesome, though.

benbradley
02-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Durn it, I was all ready to point the OP to the flounce FAQ (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61043).

Art_Sempai
02-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Durn it, I was all ready to point the OP to the flounce FAQ (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61043).

*Sniff...sniff...*
ANGER!

LOG
02-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Not really interested.
Darksiders and ACII are still holding me over.

Medievalist
02-27-2010, 11:40 AM
We have it. It's freaky awesome.

You are

Not

Helping

And, since I live under a rock lately, I only just today discovered that there's an online LOTR game.

And an *entire thread* about it on AW.

whistlelock
02-27-2010, 12:11 PM
And, since I live under a rock lately, I only just today discovered that there's an online LOTR game.

And an *entire thread* about it on AW. You're joking, right?

Jcomp
02-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I've actually been hearing mixed reviews on this one. Great concept, but I've heard the combat is derivative. I thought the Super Bowl commercial was awesome, though.

Derivative to the nth power. This game takes God of War cloning to creepy, Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female levels. Someone might need to put out an alert to see if God of War's gone missing and is in fact tied up in Dante's Inferno's basement.

DeleyanLee
02-27-2010, 09:42 PM
My daughter's actually liked the fact that the mechanics of the game is so much like God of War because it allows her to enjoy the visuals more. *shrug*

Though for visual effects, I think it's really hard to beat the Assassin's Creed games. Those games make playing it on the LCD big screen totally necessary.

GOW III is supposed to be out next month. I'm looking forward to it.

Art_Sempai
02-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Derivative to the nth power. This game takes God of War cloning to creepy, Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female levels. Someone might need to put out an alert to see if God of War's gone missing and is in fact tied up in Dante's Inferno's basement.

God of War is just Double Dragon lol.
The developer even said it.

Ruv Draba
02-28-2010, 03:45 PM
The reviews I've been reading divide the game into three thirds: Epic, Ordinary and Terrible. Looks like all the imagination may have been loaded into the start. I love Dante and eschatological games, but I'll pass.

Medievalist
02-28-2010, 08:26 PM
You're joking, right?

No, I'm serious. I wrote background material for an early prototype in 2007, but the last three years have been pretty insane for me in terms of conferences, publishing deadlines, moving (twice) and finishing my doctorate. I really have been under a rock.

I'm still working on reading books that came out in 2007.

TerzaRima
03-01-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm not that into games, but...damn. Uh, as it were. Mommy like.

MaryMumsy
03-01-2010, 05:32 AM
I crack up every time I see this thread title on the front page.

MM

maxmordon
03-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Has anyone seen the straight-to-video movie? Is it worth to watch?

LOG
03-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Has anyone seen the straight-to-video movie? Is it worth to watch?
General consensus that I've seen seems to be that it's not all that good...

Fulk
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I watched the movie on OnDemand the other night, and stopped watching about halfway in. I wanted to quit watching much earlier than that. The animation is just terrible in many cases. The lip syncing is off, Dante screams "BEAAAATRIIIIIICEEEEEEEEE" at every possible opportunity, and it's just narm-inducing in general.

maxmordon
03-07-2010, 11:49 AM
I watched the movie on OnDemand the other night, and stopped watching about halfway in. I wanted to quit watching much earlier than that. The animation is just terrible in many cases. The lip syncing is off, Dante screams "BEAAAATRIIIIIICEEEEEEEEE" at every possible opportunity, and it's just narm-inducing in general.

Damn, that gives me flashbacks of the animated version of Tales of the Black Freighter or how I called it: The Old Man and the Sea Meets Pirates of the Carribean: The Extreme version.