Not open for further replies.

Art_Sempai

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
art-sempai.deviantart.com

Deleted member 42

A couple of medievalists who are pretty hard-core Dante scholars are talking about buying consoles *just so they can play*.

I'm hearing lots of rave gamer reviews too.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have it. It's freaky awesome. The game controls are much like God of War (my daughter calls it "Dante of War"), but the graphics and concepts are really great.

They got Wayne Barlow to do some of the design creation. Truly fantastic stuff.

It's also the first game that I've seen that, in my opinion, really EARNS its M for Mature rating.

Art_Sempai

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
We have it. It's freaky awesome. The game controls are much like God of War (my daughter calls it "Dante of War"), but the graphics and concepts are really great.

They got Wayne Barlow to do some of the design creation. Truly fantastic stuff.

It's also the first game that I've seen that, in my opinion, really EARNS its M for Mature rating.

LUST!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That one was bad--and somewhat icky. Especially the pre-boss fight extras.

Gluttony, OTOH, is out and out gross and really well-done.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the 7th level of Hell--the Sodomites. Can't wait to see what they did with that one.

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
I've actually been hearing mixed reviews on this one. Great concept, but I've heard the combat is derivative. I thought the Super Bowl commercial was awesome, though.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've actually been hearing mixed reviews on this one. Great concept, but I've heard the combat is derivative. I thought the Super Bowl commercial was awesome, though.

Derivative to the nth power. This game takes God of War cloning to creepy, Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female levels. Someone might need to put out an alert to see if God of War's gone missing and is in fact tied up in Dante's Inferno's basement.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter's actually liked the fact that the mechanics of the game is so much like God of War because it allows her to enjoy the visuals more. *shrug*

Though for visual effects, I think it's really hard to beat the Assassin's Creed games. Those games make playing it on the LCD big screen totally necessary.

GOW III is supposed to be out next month. I'm looking forward to it.

Art_Sempai

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Derivative to the nth power. This game takes God of War cloning to creepy, Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female levels. Someone might need to put out an alert to see if God of War's gone missing and is in fact tied up in Dante's Inferno's basement.

God of War is just Double Dragon lol.
The developer even said it.

Ruv Draba

Banned
Reaction score
The reviews I've been reading divide the game into three thirds: Epic, Ordinary and Terrible. Looks like all the imagination may have been loaded into the start. I love Dante and eschatological games, but I'll pass.

Deleted member 42

You're joking, right?

No, I'm serious. I wrote background material for an early prototype in 2007, but the last three years have been pretty insane for me in terms of conferences, publishing deadlines, moving (twice) and finishing my doctorate. I really have been under a rock.

I'm still working on reading books that came out in 2007.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I crack up every time I see this thread title on the front page.

MM

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the movie on OnDemand the other night, and stopped watching about halfway in. I wanted to quit watching much earlier than that. The animation is just terrible in many cases. The lip syncing is off, Dante screams "BEAAAATRIIIIIICEEEEEEEEE" at every possible opportunity, and it's just narm-inducing in general.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I watched the movie on OnDemand the other night, and stopped watching about halfway in. I wanted to quit watching much earlier than that. The animation is just terrible in many cases. The lip syncing is off, Dante screams "BEAAAATRIIIIIICEEEEEEEEE" at every possible opportunity, and it's just narm-inducing in general.

Damn, that gives me flashbacks of the animated version of Tales of the Black Freighter or how I called it: The Old Man and the Sea Meets Pirates of the Carribean: The Extreme version.

Status
Not open for further replies.