ktcraig.com
wonder if it's US only?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
OK... is it me or the winning entry of the last round is riddled with grammatical errors, run-on sentences, etc.?

"He sauntered his words at me"?

Excuse me?

Who judged these entries?

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
I entered. *shrugs* Can't hurt, right?

*edit*

I dunno Jamie. Aside from the use of that one word "saunter" I thought it was great.

Really enjoyed the 2nd round runner up too.

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I looked this over, but according to the official rules, you need to be a US resident only to enter.

Um . . . it's not like Canada doesn't have its set of restrictions, either public or private, restricting entries or submissions of literary material only to Canadian citizens. If anything, those are far more restrictive than anything I see in U.S. venues.

caw

Tracey Bentley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tlbentley.blogspot.com
Um . . . it's not like Canada doesn't have its set of restrictions, either public or private, restricting entries or submissions of literary material only to Canadian citizens. If anything, those are far more restrictive than anything I see in U.S. venues.

caw

I wasn't complaining about it - rules are rules. I only stated what I noticed after the fact.

Emily: from the site: ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to individual legal residents of the fifty United States who are age 18 and over.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
I do believe they are looking for a humor element to the stories from my reading of the judging criteria.

There's some confusion as to that. The round two stories are largely not humorous, and in the comments, some people talk about this.

Last edited:

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
Yeah, I noticed that one of the 2 they posted yesterday as "favorites" for round 3 was quite bleak whereas the first one they posted had a much lighter tone. I'll have to pop over and read the comments. But maybe they liked it even though it didn't get "points" for humor.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I might try, although I was not planning for humor... <goes back to reread about it>

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Yeah, both of the newest "favorites" are pretty dark. "The Giveaway" has a kind of black humor.

Just write whatever you feel, I'd say. The "humor" criterion doesn't seem to matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.