Looking for an advisor on political structure.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
I may finally, possibly, actually be on the verge of getting a publishing deal for my fantasy works, so the time for final adjustments is now.

The biggest subject I've managed to sidestep storytelling-wise so far is the political structure of my world. It just hasn't played a part in the narrative. But now that's changing with my third entry in the series, and I need to have the background info for the other two figured out anyway. And I've never had a head for real-life politics, and I suck at this kind of research.

So really, what I'm looking for is someone who's willing to work with me over PM's to hammer out what kind of power structure would have arisen in my fantasy world, how it would have changed and evolved after a huge upheaval, and what kind of realistic system matches my plans.

Any takers? I promise it'll be interesting . . . If you're into this sort of thing. :)

Desert Author

Writing junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffegerton.com
Pol. structure

Hello,

I've created some political structures for some of my novels, so I'll try to help. If interested, send me a PM with a little more detail of what you need. Might take a few days to answer.

jeff

justAnotherWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm game if it doesn't work out wit Desert or if you need more help.

My approach, and specialty, is figuring out what's really going on behind the facade of politics. If you understand the source of power, you can play with structure. In fantasy this is especially interesting because of magic. For example, if wizards have real power that requires neither money nor illusion (traditions, laws, etc.) to support it, then what would they do with it? What are the implications for traditional incentive driven government models?

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I know a bit about politics, especially campaign politics, so if there is any kind of voting in this world and any kind of running for office, I could answer a few questons.