Ha! Blew right by a milestone, didnt I?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I was trying to decide what clever or at least reverent thing to say to honor my 10,000th post, but a friend stopped by, we chatted, and I forgot all about it and wasted my big post on Dutch speed skater, Sven Kramer.

Ah hell.

Thank you, AW and its collection of goofballs, lunatics, assholes, brave souls, geniuses, wonderful human beings, and, above any combination of these labels that fit you, writers.

I was just saying to someone a few days ago that I always feel a twinge of regret, like I've betrayed you, when I make a distinction between this place and "real life". This is part of my real life and I very much cherish these boards and all the interactions I've had on it. Even the ones that were fiercer than too much caffeine.

It took me almost five years to amass 10,000 posts. I'm quite changed in that time. Neat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
God I'm such a post whore. 20k in a year and a half. Then again, I don't have a life away from the 'tubes.

And just think - AW brought us together! Ain't that grand? :D

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It's excellent. I drank with you in an Edinburgh pub. We've been rained on together. I bought a knock-off authentic pashmina that smelled of petrol and funky old curry. All because of Absolute Write.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
I was trying to decide what clever or at least reverent thing to say to honor my 10,000th post, but a friend stopped by, we chatted, and I forgot all about it and wasted my big post on Dutch speed skater, Sven Kramer.

Ah hell.

Thank you, AW and its collection of goofballs, lunatics, assholes, brave souls, geniuses, wonderful human beings, and, above any combination of these labels that fit you, writers.

I was just saying to someone a few days ago that I always feel a twinge of regret, like I've betrayed you, when I make a distinction between this place and "real life". This is part of my real life and I really to cherish these boards.

It took me almost five years to amass 10,000 posts. I'm quite changed in that time. Neat.

:)
ps - (it's geniuii, not geniuses)

(joke)

Reaction score
It's excellent. I drank with you in an Edinburgh pub. We've been rained on together. I bought a knock-off authentic pashmina that smelled of petrol and funky old curry. All because of Absolute Write.
And you saw me give myself a Smirnoff neti after your friends taunted me about my ex-boyfriend's cock ring.

Ah, those were the days.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And you learned to say 'petrol'. Or maybe that's your Clarkson talking.

Here's to your next ten thousand, mate.

Deleted member 42

So did I, Perks. Never even noticed until well past it and Max Morden mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
And you learned to say 'petrol'. Or maybe that's your Clarkson talking.

Here's to your next ten thousand, mate.
Did someone mention Clarkson?
Clarksons.jpg
Why oh why did you whisper it there if you were going to blurt it out here? Have you been tippling again?
Your offspring were present and I couldn't have them thinking Mother consorted with...you know...lesser types.
Random child last July said:
Dad! Why is there a machine selling inflatable pigs in the toilets?

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Lol! Love it. You never did send me all those pictures from that day. I didn't have that one.

And it was an inflatable pig.

Reaction score
I love how Mr Perks looked at me and said, "Are ALL Scottish toilets like that?" as if I would be the expert.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Roses are red
Perks deserves a roast.
How in da hell
Did I miss her 10K posts! :D

That's super wonderful 'n we sure do lurves you! Here's :Cake: :popcorn: :Cake: :TheWave: mo' :Cake: ('n ya made me say hell :D)

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy: 10K, impressive!

ETA: Beautiful family :) Nice pic!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
wow. you post a lot.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Perks :partyguy:

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's the prize for 10k posts? Is there cake? If there's not, there should be...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Ah, but the prize is just knowing all you fine people. And except for all the times I was talking to myself, I have 10,000+ receipts for that prize.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i just read all of your posts, perks.
i don't think you've changed all that much in your time here,....
you're still nice. :D

cray, not nice :e2moon: