Final Draft 7 and title page

Stealth66

Drummin' the frustrations away.
Registered
Reaction score
Either at my computer or in front of my drums.
Howdy. For some reason, when I save my screenplay to PDF format, the title page refuses to display the correct information I put there. It just reverts back to the default title page, telling you where to put your name and the title, etc.

WHY is it doing this? I save the FDR file after I change the information on the title page, and then save the whole thing to PDF. I don't understand why it doesn't stay that way.

Jamie

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
With 6 I have to open the title page, do the information, then save it, then close it, then save the document, then do PDF or it won't do it. And sometimes it'll use the already done up title page and other times it won't. If there was one feature I'd fix in FD, it would be that and the title page would be part of the actual document, not a secondary one where it's prone to a lot of bugs.

Stealth66

Drummin' the frustrations away.
Registered
Reaction score
Either at my computer or in front of my drums.
Okay, that did the trick. Thank you so much. Yes, I would prefer the title page be a part of the document as well. I don't see why it's separate in the first place. It's been nothing but trouble.

ComicBent

Registered
Reaction score
It works fine.

Naw, you guys are just not doing it right, somehow.

Final Draft 7 (Windows OS):

• Fix your title page however you want it to look.
  • Then click on File | Close to go back to the script.
  • Save the script in the usual way. The revised title page will now be part of your script, and will still be there when you open the script again.
  • To make a PDF, you can use Save As PDF. The title page is automatically included.

Final Draft 6 (Windows OS):

• I have it on my computer, and I tested it, but I was not sure which PDF driver had originally come with it, since I have several on my computer.
  • Everything worked the same way as in Version 7, except you have it in two steps: Choose Save As ... and then Adobe Acrobat Document.

That ought to work, but if not, you can always download my illustrated, short article on making and joining PDF files with the free driver PrimoPDF.