Russian train travel question

Sevvy

Spec Fic Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I did do some research, but unfortunately no English language site I could find had my answer.

Does anyone know how long the train ride is from Moscow to Kolomna? It's a 116km trip, but I want to know how long it would take by modern trains, and I have no idea how fast those would go.

I did consider trying to find a website for the train station, but I can't read Russian, so it wouldn't have mattered.

So yeah, if anyone out there can answer this random bit of trivia, I'd appreciate it.

cuddlekins

Registered
Reaction score
I found this on some random website. It may be of help.

"Getting there

One can get to Kolomna either by car or by train. Those who prefer the train can get aboard at the Kazansky railway station; the journey lasts for about 2 hours one-way. Note that the railway station of Kolomna is called "Golutvin." From the station, numerous buses will get you to the center of the town. Drivers, though, will get to Kolomna by the M5 highway (follow arrows «Рязань» from the MKAD). Getting to M5 directly from the center of Moscow is highly unrecommended due to permanent traffic jams. When you're out of Moscow, look for the exit «Коломна». The most comfortable free parking can be found near the trade arcade and aside the kremlin.

This is the site, http://www.mn.ru/travel/20071213/55296427.html

P.S. Note that this article isn't very new. It's from 2007.

Hope I helped.

Ms Hollands

Cow lover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lefrancophoney.com
I don't know as I haven't done that trip, but I did an overnight journey between Moscow and St. Petersburg if you need any idiosyncratic info about train travel in Rrrrrruuuuuuusssssia.

The main stations are quite less ornate than the underground ones in Moscow with their chandeliers and fancy sculptures etc.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
www.poezda.net has searching in English. It's one and a half hours from Golutvin to Moscow Kazansky station.