PDA

View Full Version : Beta Needed - Beta Offered (mainstream/lit)

KTC
02-23-2010, 11:53 PM
I would love to swap manuscripts for beta read with somebody. My manuscript has come within inches of being accepted by both publishers AND agents...but to no avail. It's time for me to find a beta to help me to understand what's wrong with it.

I would love to return the favour.

My manuscript:
Young narrator tells the story of growing up in a broken home with the reoccurring presence of a semi-famous folk singer, who becomes a large influence in his life.

Your manuscript:
?

Any takers, please let me know. I am willing to listen to any feedback that comes my way. I NEED help.

Thanks much in advance.

K

KTC
02-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Bump.

KTC
02-26-2010, 04:23 PM
bumps with hope.

CaroGirl
02-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Oh, Kevin, I would LOVE to read your ms and do a swap with mine. Unfortunately, mine's not completed. I wouldn't mind swapping my partially completed ms with yours. Would you be interested?

KTC
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes, Caro! You could say I was Caro Fishing. (-; If you want to do the exchange, I would love to.

In fact, I'm writing pieces to fit into mine, to bring it into the now...that are not finished...so you won't be reading the entire piece either.

I was looking to have something to work on while I'm in Mexico...If we exchange in email, we can wait until the conference to trade back. That way, I can print yours out and make the notes in ink...that's my fav. way of doing it.

What do you say?

Thanks, by the way!

CaroGirl
02-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes, Caro! You could say I was Caro Fishing. (-; If you want to do the exchange, I would love to.

In fact, I'm writing pieces to fit into mine, to bring it into the now...that are not finished...so you won't be reading the entire piece either.

I was looking to have something to work on while I'm in Mexico...If we exchange in email, we can wait until the conference to trade back. That way, I can print yours out and make the notes in ink...that's my fav. way of doing it.

What do you say?

Thanks, by the way!
A thousand times YES! Check your PMs and we'll finalize the details. Thanks!