PDA

View Full Version : The gaping hole in my heart has been filled!

Project nachonaco
02-21-2010, 05:10 AM
Srsly.

This guy is awesome.

One problem, I've never met him, and I know that'll be a problem, eventually.

But he's very special to me, and I (I think) to him.

He's become my answer. Whenever I think of anything hurtful, I think of him and it makes me all better.

We recently talked about my ex and I told him that I liked him.

For the past week or so, we've been signing off with 'Like you'/'Like you too'.

And the past couple of nights, he's beat me to it.

:)

And yes, if I ever do go to meet him, I'll be careful. And I'll take the Indianapolis Colts with me to protect me. :D

backslashbaby
02-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Congrats :D :D I love that part!

Project nachonaco
02-21-2010, 08:05 AM
What part? lol.

backslashbaby
02-21-2010, 08:11 AM
When you're giddy over liking someone and you first know they like you, too :) That's great fun :D

Project nachonaco
02-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Oh, gotcha. :)

writerterri
02-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Love stinks.

Not really!

I wish I could bottle that feeling. I'd pour it all over me everyday!

semilargeintestine
02-21-2010, 11:13 PM
That's the best feeling. Hearing the girl say she loves me can instantly change a bad mood to a good mood, and a good mood to a great mood. I'm getting all fluttery just thinking about it.

Project nachonaco
02-21-2010, 11:18 PM
The thing is, we've never spoken except on the Internet.

So I've never called him.....etc.

But I might be getting an iPhone, and I will be putting Skype on that iPhone.

So yeah.

My dad would freak if he knew about this guy, but if I've been chatting with him for almost 10 years then that pretty much guarantees that he's not a freak, right?

I already know that once I get my novel published, I'm going to send him a care package with the novel, stuff from Think Geek, and cookies. Since he's helped me so much.

The other thing is, it feels....more 'gentle' I guess than with my ex. We haven't said 'I love you' (Although, men, would I be correct in saying that a 22-year-old male really means 'love' when he says 'Like you'?) and we don't talk about anything risque or dirty or whatever.

Are we going about this the wrong way?

backslashbaby
02-21-2010, 11:25 PM
How old are you? How do you know him?

scarletpeaches
02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
He's become my answer.I know I'm gonna sound like I'm pissing on someone's cornflakes here, but...this part concerns me.

Susie
02-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Best of luck, Project. For a minute I thought he was your imaginary friend. :D

Project nachonaco
02-21-2010, 11:30 PM
How old are you? How do you know him?

I'll be 21 in August.

And we meet on a fanboard for Kim Possible.

And don't worry, scarlet, when I said 'answer' I mostly meant when it comes to writing.

(Also note that I know karate and am the equivalent of an orange belt even though I'm not in a leveling class quite yet)

scarletpeaches
02-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Ah, ignore me. I'm 33 and cynical. ;)

Project nachonaco
02-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Ah, ignore me. I'm 33 and cynical. ;)

Well, you do have a point! :) The interwebs is a scary, scary place.

scarletpeaches
02-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah. They let people like ME use it!

semilargeintestine
02-21-2010, 11:37 PM
My dad would freak if he knew about this guy, but if I've been chatting with him for almost 10 years then that pretty much guarantees that he's not a freak, right?

Not necessarily, but probably. My friend met his girlfriend online, and they spoke for 3 years before finally meeting. They've been together for almost 10 years now.

I already know that once I get my novel published, I'm going to send him a care package with the novel, stuff from Think Geek, and cookies. Since he's helped me so much.

The other thing is, it feels....more 'gentle' I guess than with my ex. We haven't said 'I love you' (Although, men, would I be correct in saying that a 22-year-old male really means 'love' when he says 'Like you'?) and we don't talk about anything risque or dirty or whatever.

I've never said "I like you" to a girl. I told my current girlfriend that I like her a lot a couple of times the first week we were dating (I told her I loved her like week two). If I am in love with a girl, I will just tell her I love her. That's me though, and I tend to do things differently than most men.

Also, I'm 26 and barely remember 22.

Are we going about this the wrong way?

You have to do it the way it works for you. Does he live close by?

Project nachonaco
02-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Not necessarily, but probably. My friend met his girlfriend online, and they spoke for 3 years before finally meeting. They've been together for almost 10 years now.

I've never said "I like you" to a girl. I told my current girlfriend that I like her a lot a couple of times the first week we were dating (I told her I loved her like week two). If I am in love with a girl, I will just tell her I love her. That's me though, and I tend to do things differently than most men.

Also, I'm 26 and barely remember 22.

You have to do it the way it works for you. Does he live close by?

Sadly no. He's in FL and I'm in IN.

semilargeintestine
02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Hmm. Well, at some point you will have to meet. Do you know what he looks like at least?

scarletpeaches
02-21-2010, 11:42 PM

Also, I'm 26 and barely remember 22.I'm with semi on this. If a man loves you, you'll know because he'll tell you. Don't look for hidden meanings, subtexts or secret signals. Don't interpret anything he says as anything other than what he says.

I'll never see 26 again but yeah, I agree with semi for sure. I don't think that is much different from other men, to be honest. At least in my experience.

Although - more telling than what a man says is what he does.

Project nachonaco
02-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Hmm. Well, at some point you will have to meet. Do you know what he looks like at least?

I do, and he does me.

He said I was cute.

How this came about:

I was talking about my ex and how needy he always was. How he would constantly ask me if I loved him, etc.

I told this new guy (whom I shall call cG) about it, and said 'That's why I haven't told you how I feel about you'.

And he said 'I like-like you. What's not to like? You're cute, you tell good stories, you're incredibly affectionate, you're weird..."

And I said "Dude, you just described a golden retriever."

And he said "Golden retrievers can't tell good stories.....although I have heard some good barks."

backslashbaby
02-21-2010, 11:57 PM
:D Well, the ages are good. It sounds like a nice thing, I think!! If you know to be careful, then hopefully you'll cover all the scary stuff. 10 years is awesome.

I don't know how other people handle the difference in locations, so I won't tell you what I do ;) I'm no role model, lol :D

Lots of folks meet on the internet and figure out how to make it long-term. So who knows?!

Paper & Pencil
02-22-2010, 03:27 AM
I do, and he does me.
I was talking about my ex and how needy he always was. How he would constantly ask me if I loved him, etc.

I told this new guy (whom I shall call cG) about it, and said 'That's why I haven't told you how I feel about you'.

And he said 'I like-like you. What's not to like? You're cute, you tell good stories, you're incredibly affectionate, you're weird..."

And I said "Dude, you just described a golden retriever."

And he said "Golden retrievers can't tell good stories.....although I have heard some good barks."

That exchange is AWESOME :D

I actually met my Love Interest on the internet, and I've known other people who've met online then gotten together and stayed together, so anything is possible.

Libbie
02-22-2010, 06:12 AM
Awww, fun! That's always a good feeling. I met my husband online and it was a long-distance relationship at first.

MissAimee
02-22-2010, 06:18 AM
Congrats..Now I'm jealous..

Project nachonaco
02-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Well, folks, time I updated the thread.

1. He's a Taurus and I'm a Virgo....so we're good in the Astrology department.

2. I was talking the other day about how I would not raise my kids to play 'Duck, Duck, Goose', but 'Pirate, Pirate, Ninja'. He then 'enacted' a scene with yelling at a kid for using shurikens.

Whose names did he use?

The ones I said I was going to name my kids. :)

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I met my man on eHarmony. We're getting married this summer. I have never been happier and more content.

I know a lot of people who met online. Just be careful, and you'll be good. :) Enjoy this feeling! I'm happy for you!

Adam
02-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Woop! Seize it with both paws. :D

I wish you every luck. :)

Project nachonaco
02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Woop! Seize it with both paws. :D

I wish you every luck. :)

Which reminds me of another thing he said...

We were talking (the first night I told him I liked him)

And he said 'I'm happy for the future you'

And I said 'why?'

'The one who gets to meet me.' :)

Lyra Jean
02-25-2010, 08:24 PM
I met my husband online using ChristianCafe.com we dated six months was engaged for a year and a half and are currently married for 5 months.

We both lived in Florida and still do.

My dad met his wife online. He lives in Florida and she lived in the Philippines. They've been married 3-4 years now I believe.

Project nachonaco
02-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Well, I have yet another update for the thread. :)

He was talking about how he hadn't heard anything yet about an internship, so I said...'*hugs*'

And what did he do back?

'*hugs back*'

:D

Project nachonaco
02-27-2010, 10:36 PM
And I received hug number 2 last night. :D

Project nachonaco
03-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Is it okay if I post three times in a row? :p

Anyway....

I finally told him I loved him and have so far received no response, although judging from what he said last night, I think he does too.

He said 'You're a wonderful and unique person, Syd'. :)

aadams73
03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Baby girl, don't be so quick to throw those words out there. They're not words or sentiments to be bandied about lightly. Even if you do feel them, it's ok to show a little restraint and hold them until you're positive he feels the same way.

I do wish you luck, though. :)

Project nachonaco
03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Baby girl, don't be so quick to throw those words out there. They're not words or sentiments to be bandied about lightly. Even if you do feel them, it's ok to show a little restraint and hold them until you're positive he feels the same way.

I do wish you luck, though. :)

Considering I feel like I'm dying not having a response from him, I'm pretty sure it's love.

I have NEVER felt this way before.

scarletpeaches
03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I finally told him I loved him and have so far received no response, although judging from what he said last night, I think he does too.

He said 'You're a wonderful and unique person, Syd'. :)Hmm, like I said before - if a man loves you, you know.

Because he'll tell you.

"Wonderful and unique" doesn't sound like "love" to me.

And honestly? Dying for a response? I know, I know, I sound like the bitter and twisted, cynical old woman here, but...that's not love. That's addiction.

Project nachonaco
03-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Did I mention my habit of hyperbole? ;)

It's not like if he does reject me, I'll be completely heartbroken.

lucidzfl
03-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I''m going to put out a scarlet pisser too.

Love is, imo, not at all what people think it is. PN (Project nacho), fyi, not that you don't get some of those feelings in normal relationships, the back and forth is what creates that "killing you not to hear" feeling. By its very nature, the internet is a farked up social situation. We associate what we know about real life social situations with our interactions on the internet.

Whereas a 2 minute pause over a table in starbux might give someone serious pause, by its very nature, the internet introduces latency into conversations. Be it seconds, minutes or hours. Its like having a love affair by text message. It creates false feelings in the person as they begin to put and more weight on every interaction.

When I was your age, I felt the same exact, exact, EXACT way as you did. A few months of actually living with that demon let me know that it damn sure wasn't love. I do not believe that you can "love" anyone you haven't lived with for a while and understand, let alone never met in person.

I only piss on the parade here because the higher the high, the harder the fall. And I don't want anyone to put too much hot air in their balloon only for it to pop.

Good luck!

(Do not make a habit of throwing those words around easily, or someone might believe them someday when you haven't completely thought it through)

lucidzfl
03-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Did I mention my habit of hyperbole? ;)

It's not like if he does reject me, I'll be completely heartbroken.

Then its not love.... If my wife left me, I'd crawl into a bottle and die.
(More so than I already do)

scarletpeaches
03-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Dying if someone leaves isn't love either. That's...Romeo and Juliet nonsense. Love builds up, it doesn't cause dependency in the other person.

I sure as hell don't want to be needed that way. I'd rather have a whole man than a needy one.

Project nachonaco
03-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Then its not love.... If my wife left me, I'd crawl into a bottle and die.
(More so than I already do)

Oh jeez.

I guess it *is* love to a degree, but I think part of me may want to see what he says.

Considering we've ended every chat for the past 2 weeks with 'Like you/Like you too', I think that the feeling's mutual.

But I also am second-guessing myself because my ex was the sort of 'hovering, helicopter' SO that I don't want to find myself shaped into that mold.

quickWit
03-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Slow, Project. Go slooooow. :)

I hope it works out for you.

lucidzfl
03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Dying if someone leaves isn't love either. That's...Romeo and Juliet nonsense. Love builds up, it doesn't cause dependency in the other person.

I sure as hell don't want to be needed that way. I'd rather have a whole man than a needy one.

Notice I said "any more than I already do". Obviously I don't die everyday. I would certainly drink pretty heavily if my wife left me and be upset for a while. Of course, thats assuming she left me tomorrow, when things seem ok.

If things went downhill for a long time and we were sick of her that would be something else. Like a sick animal. I'd hate for a healthy dog to get hit by a car, but if a dog is on its deathbed, sometimes its best to put it out of its misery.

I do think a lot of people mistake co-dependence with love. You can certainly be co-dependent without being in love. And I certainly believe you can love someone without being co-dependent.

I was co-dependent on my ex because I didn't know what I'd do without her. But god damn I hated that bitch. I lived for a few years on my own now, so I know exactly who I am on my own. Now with my wife, I surely love her, and I'm not scared of being alone, since the big bad world isn't that bad. Its actually freeing, because I don't have to do things to placate her simply because I'm terrified of loneliness.

scarletpeaches
03-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I thought 'any more than you already do' was in relation to your drinking. :D

Perks
03-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I'll chime in and say that I see love as a meal of many, many ingredients that can be served in all sorts of ways.

These obsessive feelings, in my opinion, can be a part of love. I would never tell you that you're not in love. You love what you know now. Given the medium, you have to admit that what you can know, at this point, is necessarily limited. What you feel is real, but it is incomplete.

I'll also say that all the things that can season love are not positive. I'm not making any pronouncements on your budding relationship, but love is always love, but love is not always healthy or wise or sustainable. Dependency, jealousy, control, and obsession can be present and I'll still name it 'love'. These things can ruin love, but I do not believe, negate that it ever existed. I these darker dynamics of love can even be blended into mutually gratifying relationships. Bending a hangnail is also oddly gratifying.

I believe that you are in love. Whether that love can grow with more information and beyond the distance that separates you and through the inevitable cooling of your current distraction, only time will tell. Protect your heart.

aadams73
03-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Well...if I had a big gaping hole in my heart, I'd put cookies in it.

Mmm, cookies... I love you, cookies.

Perks
03-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Well...if I had a big gaping hole in my heart, I'd put cookies in it.

You'd be sure to throw a chocolate clot for sure. I don't know if CPR would help.

aadams73
03-03-2010, 12:45 AM
You'd be sure to throw a chocolate clot for sure. I don't know if CPR would help.

Is there anything more romantic or noble than dying for cookies?

I don't think so!

quickWit
03-03-2010, 12:53 AM

I'm a certified mouth-to-mouth & chest massage technician.
Yanno...just in case. I'm here to help. That's how I roll.

scarletpeaches
03-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Is there anything more romantic or noble than dying for cookies?

I don't think so!Dying in a boon stampede in the queue for banana yoghurt, I'd say.

aadams73
03-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Dying in a boon stampede in the queue for banana yoghurt, I'd say.

I wondered what they were putting in bananas these days...

Silver King
03-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Much of what we call romantic love is merely an illusion we create to help keep our emotions aloft until, like heavy flak fired from below, our dreams are punctured by reality, and we are sent back down to earth in flames.

The key is, when that happens, how many more times are we willing to take to the skies again in search of that unbroken and welcoming horizon?

scarletpeaches
03-03-2010, 08:17 AM
I wondered what they were putting in bananas these days...You need to flip-reverse that and worry about what they're putting bananas in.

semilargeintestine
03-03-2010, 08:21 AM

If the Girl left me, I'd be screwed up for a while. I wouldn't die of course, but it would be pretty terrible. Neither one of us needs the other to be happy in general, but I certainly need her (and vice-versa). I know that doesn't make sense, but I'm not sure how to explain it.

Project nachonaco
03-03-2010, 10:03 AM
After not getting a response, I asked him if it was too much.

He said "Yeah, a little" and I apologized. He said "'Salright" and I guess that's not too bad, and he kept chatting with me afterward, so I guess it's all gravy.

aadams73
03-03-2010, 02:21 PM
You need to flip-reverse that and worry about what they're putting bananas in.

I lay awake for hours last night worrying about it. Fortunately, I had those cookies stashed in my heart, so I didn't have to get up for snacks.

Yummy!

aadams73
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
After not getting a response, I asked him if it was too much.

He said "Yeah, a little" and I apologized. He said "'Salright" and I guess that's not too bad, and he kept chatting with me afterward, so I guess it's all gravy.

And...you've learned something from this, right?

quickWit
03-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Peach has a banana fixation?

Project nachonaco
03-03-2010, 06:58 PM

Yeah......it's no bigvdeal, at least in this case.

Project nachonaco
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Aaaand it's a big deal.

He just wants to be friends.

Part of me says it's no big deal, part of me hopes this'll change, and yet a third part of me wonders why I even bother anymore.

This is the third person I've tried to develop a connection with.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Is it because I generally dislike people (with few exceptions)? Is it because I'm not interested in things normal people are interested in?

Maybe I should just give up on being happy at all. It's not going to work out.

lucidzfl
03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Since I don't know about the other two, I can only say that you hit the gas way too fast with this guy and that scares people off. It makes them look needy or psycho.

FWIW, it has nothing to do with age, so don't let anyone tell you that.

My wife has a friend who so desparately wants to be like my wife its not even funny. She met a guy at a bar (Just like my wife) and got engaged like 3 months later. (compared to our 6 months) and is trying to do all the things that my wife did. This girl is so in love with the idea of being in love, that I don't even know if she knows the dudes middle name.

That is a relationship doomed for failure.

Take things slow man, theres no hurry at all. To paraphrase Chris Rock. "People say life is short. Bullshit, life is LONG"

Life is too long to live with bad decisions. Take your time. Don't rush. Good things will happen.

scarletpeaches
03-03-2010, 09:26 PM
At the risk of sounding like Yoda's grandmother at the grand old age of 33 -

Don't give yourself away.

Project nachonaco
03-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Is it wrong for me to hope that he changes his mind? Is that even possible? Am I just being loony?

I seem to go from one extreme to another, with everything. It'd be nice to find some middle ground.

Perks
03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Rats, PN. The intensity has to ratchet up simultaneously in both parties and there's simply no way to hurry one up or slow the other one down. It's god's cosmic joke. Incongruent intensity is probably the number one roadblock to relationships.

As awful as it is to hear, that's probably a good thing.

There's likely nothing wrong with you. Most people run out of fingers to count on before they find the "right" one at the right time. Hang in there, baby.

Perks
03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Is it wrong for me to hope that he changes his mind? Is that even possible? It's not wrong or impossible, but it is reasonably unlikely.

ETA - in my dating experience, I never changed my mind about someone I didn't want in that way and not a one changed his mind about me.

lucidzfl
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Is it wrong for me to hope that he changes his mind?

Wrong? No. Self defeating and pointless? Yep.

aadams73
03-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Is it wrong for me to hope that he changes his mind? Is that even possible? Am I just being loony?

No. Unlikely. No, just naive and young.

I seem to go from one extreme to another, with everything. It'd be nice to find some middle ground.

There's your problem. Just chill around guys. Whatever is going to happen will unfold naturally. If you're tempted to say, "I love you," five minutes after you meet them, keep your piehole closed until you're sure the feelings are reciprocated. And remember, being "in like" is not nearly the same thing is as being "in love."

My father gave me some good advice years ago that I know some of the women here will balk at, but it's served me well: man is the hunter, woman is the prey.

When it comes right down to it, if a guy is into you, you'll know.

quickWit
03-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Is it wrong for me to hope that he changes his mind?

He may, but I wouldn't count on it, PN. And I wouldn't wait around holding your breath to see if he does, either. Move past him. If he comes around, he'll let you know. Until then, keep moving toward making yourself happy and the rest will happen in its own time.

NeuroFizz
03-04-2010, 03:48 AM
man is the hunter, woman is the prey.
Yeah, and we stalk and pursue the women until they catch us.

aadams73
03-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Yeah, and we stalk and pursue the women until they catch us.

Yes, well, after Dad was done dispensing his advice, my mother did round out my education.

ETA: the rest of my advice stands, though. Just chill and be friendly. Don't act like you're desperate - that's not attractive for either sex.

Project nachonaco
03-04-2010, 04:01 AM
I wonder if maybe just having a girlfriend right now is too much, and he just doesn't want to start anything yet, because he's working on a couple of projects and trying to get a job. So maybe he's just stressed out.

Maybe I need to not worry so much and just let things run their course, like you guys have said.

aadams73
03-04-2010, 04:11 AM
I wonder if maybe just having a girlfriend right now is too much, and he just doesn't want to start anything yet, because he's working on a couple of projects and trying to get a job. So maybe he's just stressed out.

No. If he said "just friends," he means it. If you're really into a guy, don't you make time for him regardless of how busy you are? It's the same for guys.

ETA: I'm a complete optimist when it comes to love, and I wish I could tell you something different. But I've seen this kind of thing happen before. I bet there's a great guy out there for you though. Just take it slow and don't rush those three words.

Project nachonaco
03-04-2010, 04:13 AM
No. If he said "just friends," he means it. If you're really into a guy, don't you make time for him regardless of how busy you are? It's the same for guys.

We did talk for a while (time wise), so he did make time for me. I just hate feeling like I'm nagging people, so i asked him if he needed to let me go and he did, so I left.

I'll get my chance tonight, though, after work.

scarletpeaches
03-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Don't make someone a priority when they make you an option.

brainstorm77
03-04-2010, 04:23 AM
If he said he just wanted to be friends then like others have said he meant it. The thing is he is not looking at you as a potential partner. I'd just move on and leave it be.

lucidzfl
03-04-2010, 05:20 AM
just friends means not interested. sorry. Buck up.

Silver King
03-04-2010, 05:56 AM
Is it time yet to change this thread title to, The gaping hole in my heart has been expanded?

aadams73
03-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Is it time yet to change this thread title to, The gaping hole in my heart has been expanded?

No, no, no. I'm telling ya: put cookies in there. Or even loose change and odd socks.

scarletpeaches
03-04-2010, 06:06 AM
It's better than having a gaping hole in your leg, let me tell you. That time I had an abscess? OOO-EEE, that was painful. Who knew one hip could hold so much pus? I'm telling ya, the swear words that came out of my piehole when it burst!

(The abscess, not my piehole).

aadams73
03-04-2010, 07:10 AM
We did talk for a while (time wise), so he did make time for me. I just hate feeling like I'm nagging people, so i asked him if he needed to let me go and he did, so I left.

I'll get my chance tonight, though, after work.

He spent time talking to you because he feels bad. You told him you love him and he rejected you, so now he feels guilty.

My guess is that you're going to hear from him less and less. That's how these things always play out.

Been there, done that...when I was twelve. You're too old to be this dense.

semilargeintestine
03-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Been there, done that...when I was twelve. You're too old to be this dense.

I was just thinking this. It's time to grow up. This is why limiting your relationships to the internet is a bad idea.

Project nachonaco
03-04-2010, 09:04 AM
I don't think so, though, he's not like that. We're still cool. And we've been chatting for almost eight years, I don't think it'll change that much....

And he was working on the project even before I told him I loved him, so....

brainstorm77
03-04-2010, 02:39 PM
So that means he was never interested to start with. I have a question. In eight years of chatting did he ever show interest in anything more then a friendship?

Scoody
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
It's better than having a gaping hole in your leg, let me tell you.

The last gaping hole I had in my leg was when I got shot after getting into a "spirited disagreement."

PN, When a guy says "just friends" he really means pound sand as far as a relationship. He is out the barn door and not coming back, Cupcake. You need to start making this about you.

scarletpeaches
03-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah. I know some posts in this thread sound brutal, but brutal is needed.

This is the universe giving you a wake-up call.

NeuroFizz
03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
People have faces. People do things. Get thee out and find fun activities. Find healthy activities. Find activities that develop your own personal form of spirituality. Find activities that develop or challenge your intellect. Chances are people with similar interests will show up. And they'll have real faces. And they'll be doing real things. And they just may help you develop real feelings about something other than a mirage of electrons.

Yeshanu
03-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm not going to be brutal, I'm going to be a mom. I've got two kids your age, both of whom went through broken heart phases in the last couple of years.

My son has met both his loves on the net, my daughter met hers in "real life"--it didn't matter. The feelings are real, and so are the people they were interacting with.

I've even been through it myself a couple of times (you're never too old to fall in love and be foolish!), where I liked then loved a person, and they never got beyond like.

So, the one thing that will help: :Hug2:

Don't give up on life and love, and personally, I think you're not doing so bad. If you like the person before you love them, things have a better chance of working out, IMO.

That being said, getting outside and meeting people face to face is good advice for all of us. There are social skills you can't develop on the internet, and things you can't do.

More :Hug2:

Project nachonaco
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm not going to be brutal, I'm going to be a mom. I've got two kids your age, both of whom went through broken heart phases in the last couple of years.

My son has met both his loves on the net, my daughter met hers in "real life"--it didn't matter. The feelings are real, and so are the people they were interacting with.

I've even been through it myself a couple of times (you're never too old to fall in love and be foolish!), where I liked then loved a person, and they never got beyond like.

So, the one thing that will help: :Hug2:

Don't give up on life and love, and personally, I think you're not doing so bad. If you like the person before you love them, things have a better chance of working out, IMO.

That being said, getting outside and meeting people face to face is good advice for all of us. There are social skills you can't develop on the internet, and things you can't do.

More :Hug2:
Thanks, Yeshanu, and I feel a lot better. Something is telling me that he and I will still be good friends, especially since he wants to be.

In other news, I have received my parents' blessing if I ever do want to meet him, so that's good, I suppose. :)

lucidzfl
03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks, Yeshanu, and I feel a lot better. Something is telling me that he and I will still be good friends, especially since he wants to be.

In other news, I have received my parents' blessing if I ever do want to meet him, so that's good, I suppose. :)

1. Why would you wanna meet the dude in person?
2. Why would you bother mentioning a guy who has no interest in you to your parents?
3. Why would you ask said parents if its ok to meet said uninterested guy?

scarletpeaches
03-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Or as I said to an ex who did the usual "Can we still be friends?" bollocks:

"I've got friends. What do I need you for?"

PN - you do have friends, don't you? What do you need this non-interested guy for?

brainstorm77
03-04-2010, 10:06 PM
1. Why would you wanna meet the dude in person?
2. Why would you bother mentioning a guy who has no interest in you to your parents?
3. Why would you ask said parents if its ok to meet said uninterested guy?

Ditto this.

Sophia
03-04-2010, 10:10 PM
From what PN said, it sounds like they've been online buddies for a few years, and he has said that he wants to continue with that. He's not interested in more than that, but that's not the same as having no interest in her as a person. If they continue with this friendship as it is, what is wrong with meeting him, as long as both of them know and accept how it will be?

lucidzfl
03-04-2010, 10:11 PM
From what PN said, it sounds like they've been online buddies for a few years, and he has said that he wants to continue with that. He's not interested in more than that, but that's not the same as having no interest in her as a person. If they continue with this friendship as it is, what is wrong with meeting him, as long as both of them know and accept how it will be?

Uh, coz its obvious one half of the duo doesn't feel the same as the other. And thats just a recipe for ugliness.

Ambrosia
03-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Aaaand it's a big deal.

He just wants to be friends.

Part of me says it's no big deal, part of me hopes this'll change, and yet a third part of me wonders why I even bother anymore.

This is the third person I've tried to develop a connection with.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Is it because I generally dislike people (with few exceptions)? Is it because I'm not interested in things normal people are interested in?

Maybe I should just give up on being happy at all. It's not going to work out.
PN, guys don't make you happy. You make you happy. If you keep looking for someone to come and make you happy and fulfill you, you will be miserable for the rest of your life.

Take time to get to know you and love you. Find your interests and go after those things with energy. Throw yourself into getting to know you and do the things you want to do in life. Stop looking for a boyfriend. Do things for you and you alone. Enjoy your life. Celebrate you.

When you stop looking, when you are involved in your own life and happy and secure in your own self, you will have someone find you. And it will be right. Trust me.

Project nachonaco
03-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah, it's like that. I'd be meeting him as a friend, so.....and the reason I told them was because I had a panic attack last nigt (for several reasons - not just him)

backslashbaby
03-05-2010, 02:02 AM
I don't see any reason y'all couldn't still be friends, as long as you aren't weird about it. He has no reason to be weird about it on his own, imho. And if you've been friends for so long, it'd be silly to throw that away.

Not saying he won't be weird about it, though. That's how these things happen sometimes.

maryland
03-05-2010, 03:17 AM
So far -you've had eight complete years of internet emails. No meeting in real life = no sexual content at all. This is rather extreme, guarding from any contact. He could have travelled to meet you several years ago. You could have met midway somewhere, even for a chat in a cafe.
The best approach from now onwards is Get Out Of The House and mix with real men in real life. You'll be surprised how many friends you'll find and how confident you'll become once away from that screen of electric messages. Looking into a real man's eyes makes all the difference. Try it. You'll soon get over him.

EFCollins
03-05-2010, 03:29 AM
You know, I had a nice long response typed out (and I did save it in a text document just because I may find the courage to post it later) but for fear of being the bad guy and causing an uproar with the OP, I didn't bother to hit post. I will say, however, that this bothers me (and not for the reasons anyone would think) but I wish PN the best and I'm sorry your online friend didn't want what you thought he wanted.

EFCollins
03-05-2010, 11:33 PM
So, last night I decided not to post my thoughts, but it seems to me--given the recent thread the OP made--that I should have spoken up in the first place. Project Nacho, I mean no disrespect by it, but wow. Come on! The below observations were made before your most recent thread, but girl you've got to get a grip. You need to see someone, a life coach maybe? Now. You're an adult and still live under your parents rule--far too much for a 20 yr old. And I'm wondering if, the thing I talk about in the below comments isn't you trying to find someone, anyone to get you away. Read on, and maybe you'll see what I mean. Again, as I say at the end of the post, I could be waaaay off base. After all, I don't know you. But... here's what I wrote to you yesterday and didn't post.

PN,

I'm going to say something no one else seems to have said, granted I did not browse this whole thread because this is the umpteenth thread along this vein I've seen from you. I only want to help.

You're fixated on having a relationship, rather than the relationship itself. You were with a guy, broke up. Your heart is broken. Next week or two, (I can't remember the actual time line but it wasn't that long) you post something about being in love with a girl. After all the posts there, some time passes and boop! Another "I'm fallin again!" thread pops up from you, this time with another guy. I hate to say it, but you need to work on you. If you are this fixated on being in a relationship, it seems to me that the opposite partner is not as important as the part of you being the recipient of their affections and that is, sadly, not how it works. You're looking so hard to find that significant other to fill your need that whoever comes along is fine with you. You should have standards for yourself and I'm sorry, don't say you do because these "I've found someone!" threads, by their sheer volume and frequency, tell me that something is amiss. And it may very well be you. You are so young, it pains me to see this unhealthy focus on a relationship. And, at least to me, this fixation is so severe that it doesn't matter who it's with or how good it is.

Listen (er... well you get my point) to me.

You don't need a man to be whole. You don't need a woman to be whole. All you need is to find out who you are and then, once that happens, looking for another to share your life will be easier because of the surety of you. You can be whole without an SO and will have to be before you can effectively share your life with anyone. And a relationship IS a shared life, in many ways. You can't share your life if your entire existence is too dependent on another person being with you.

I don't know you, I've never really talked to you on here, and I have no moral or personal interest in you or your life. So the fact that you have me worried should speak for itself. I could be totally wrong and trust me, I'm wrong a lot, but I don't think I am here. You need to talk to someone about this. I do know that you're only... what, 19? 20, I think? and that finding someone feels like a top priority. You really should believe me when I say that getting serious too young can totally alter who you thought you'd like to be. No one knows this better than I do and others who have been that desperate. It's so easy to shape yourself to be what someone else wants--even if what they want is a punching bag. (Do you see where this fixation could end up? Do you, yet?) But you should not be defined by who you're with. You should define you first and then find someone with whom the real you is compatible.

These are just observations from an outsider and if I'm wrong, hey it wouldn't be the first time. But I am indeed concerned because to me, this obsession with being in a relationship seems unhealthy. You're not a child, and this whole "I want someone special!" and "OMG, I like him!" and "OMG, I'm in love with her!" is very childish behavior. Stop projecting your need for someone special onto others. Grow up. Find yourself. And the right person for you will come along. The difference is, you'll be right for them too.

So, now I've posted that ( and yes, I will shut up soon too), I just want to stress again that maybe a life coach could help you get things straight. From your other thread, you're still living at home at 20... still asking permission from mom and dad for too much. A life coach could help you far more than someone posting on an internet board can. Money can be an issue, I know, but really, you're in school, right? here are people there who could help you find someone affordable on your budget and may even be able to offer assistance themselves. I will echo some of the other posters in saying you need to get out more. Interact with real people. If you find that difficult, I'll be a parrot and say it. A life coach, or even a councilor, may be someone you need to talk to. You gotta be your own wheel. If that's hard for you, a councilor might help.

Rowan
03-06-2010, 05:27 AM
I've just spent ten minutes of my life reading this entire thread and I have to agree with EFCollins. 100%. Because I also remember the previous thread where you were also "in love".

Your behaviour isn't healthy---age aside, obsession isn't healthy. And, I've gotta say it (I think Maryland said it earlier): GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND MEET PEOPLE. Carpe diem! I'm not a big advocate of internet dating and chatting, etc. so take this with a grain of salt. How can you be in love with someone when you haven't even met them in real life? How can you be sure they are who they portray themselves to be?

I work in LE and I'm cynical in many respects...and I know my following statement is going to rile a lot of people up. If you can't form meaningful relationships with people in 'real time' (for lack of a better phrase), there's something wrong. There's a lot to be said for the subtle nuances of face-to-face communication and you can't get that by texting or typing someone over the internet. Your life shouldn't revolve around a computer and faceless people you happen to strike up a conversation with.

This guy said he just wants to be friends. Believe it. Don't waste your time wondering or hoping he's going to change his mind. He won't. You need to accept that and move on. If you can't do so, that's a strong indication that something is wrong.

Why do you want/need this relationship so badly? How will it change your life? You need to take a hard look at yourself and make some tough decisions. You're at the crossroads. The only question is will you do something positive to change your life or will you continue to fall into the same old trap?

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

brainstorm77
03-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I've just spent ten minutes of my life reading this entire thread and I have to agree with EFCollins. 100%. Because I also remember the previous thread where you were also "in love".

Your behaviour isn't healthy---age aside, obsession isn't healthy. And, I've gotta say it (I think Maryland said it earlier): GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND MEET PEOPLE. Carpe diem! I'm not a big advocate of internet dating and chatting, etc. so take this with a grain of salt. How can you be in love with someone when you haven't even met them in real life? How can you be sure they are who they portray themselves to be?

I work in LE and I'm cynical in many respects...and I know my following statement is going to rile a lot of people up. If you can't form meaningful relationships with people in 'real time' (for lack of a better phrase), there's something wrong. There's a lot to be said for the subtle nuances of face-to-face communication and you can't get that by texting or typing someone over the internet. Your life shouldn't revolve around a computer and faceless people you happen to strike up a conversation with.

This guy said he just wants to be friends. Believe it. Don't waste your time wondering or hoping he's going to change his mind. He won't. You need to accept that and move on. If you can't do so, that's a strong indication that something is wrong.

Why do you want/need this relationship so badly? How will it change your life? You need to take a hard look at yourself and make some tough decisions. You're at the crossroads. The only question is will you do something positive to change your life or will you continue to fall into the same old trap?

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

This.

Bufty
03-07-2010, 04:39 PM
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent

That's quoted from your profile, Nacho, as being what you consider the best advice ever received.

Pay attention to it.

I'm fed up reading your moaning threads.

Do something for yourself for a change - seek advice as suggested above.

You say a couple of entries back you've been chatting with this guy for 'almost eight years'. Really? In an earlier entry you said it's been 10 years. :Shrug:

And I question whether being stuck in front of a computer and 'writing' is what you should be doing. It's getting you nowhere -fast.

Ambrosia
03-07-2010, 07:11 PM
That's quoted from your profile, Nacho, as being what you consider the best advice ever received.

Pay attention to it.

I'm fed up reading your moaning threads.

Do something for yourself for a change - seek advice as suggested above.

You say a couple of entries back you've been chatting with this guy for 'almost eight years'. Really? In an earlier entry you said it's been 10 years. :Shrug:

And I question whether being stuck in front of a computer and 'writing' is what you should be doing. It's getting you nowhere -fast.

I am gobsmacked. A little harsh, wouldn't you say?

People can get confused on lengths of time. Conversations on a forum shouldn't be viewed as air clad testimony, I don't think. She isn't on trial here. So she gets the time frame inconsistent? It is a considerable amount of time, whether it is 8 or 10 years or some time in between. The important part is that she has been friends with this guy for a long time. Why make an issue of this?

You make quite a judgment there about Nacho's activities and how her activities benefit, or don't benefit, her. On a writing forum you call in question whether she should be in front of a computer writing? WTF?

If I was tired of reading someone's threads, I would skip over the threads started by them. Just sayin'.

scarletpeaches
03-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Bufty's advice was harsh, yes. But needed. It's called tough love.

And he didn't question PN's writing. He questioned her 'writing'. Inverted commas. There's a difference.

Some of us see a pattern of behaviour in PN and while that may seem like I'm picking on her, that's not how I intend it. What I mean is, there's a pattern of behaviour there which isn't making her happy. My opinion - and I have a right to it, if PN puts her life in a thread for public consumption - is that she gives herself away too quickly. She needs to stop giving herself away if she's ever to be happy.

And, of course, to take control of her life.

None of us can make anyone else do this. It needs to come from within. I think we all realise that.

But there have been one or two threads in this vein now, and Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

Repeatedly giving your all to someone who doesn't return one's feelings is, by this definition, insane.

aadams73
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM
*Crams a cupcake into her gaping mouth*

There is much wisdom to be had in this thread. Let's hope the OP uses some of it.

Rowan
03-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I am gobsmacked. A little harsh, wouldn't you say?

People can get confused on lengths of time. Conversations on a forum shouldn't be viewed as air clad testimony, I don't think. She isn't on trial here. So she gets the time frame inconsistent? It is a considerable amount of time, whether it is 8 or 10 years or some time in between. The important part is that she has been friends with this guy for a long time. Why make an issue of this?

You make quite a judgment there about Nacho's activities and how her activities benefit, or don't benefit, her. On a writing forum you call in question whether she should be in front of a computer writing? WTF?

If I was tired of reading someone's threads, I would skip over the threads started by them. Just sayin'.

I have to agree with many points raised here. There's a lot to be said for constructive advice (along with criticism). If I'm tired--or fed up--with someone's repetitive threads then I skip them :Shrug:(and the "ignore" button exists for a reason). :)

scarletpeaches
03-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Which would apply to those who start threads and those who post in them.

Rowan
03-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Who else would it apply to? Isn't that stating the obvious?

brainstorm77
03-07-2010, 09:39 PM
*circles*

brainstorm77
03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Anyhoo all advice ain't going to be to the OP's liking. Some is going to be harsh and that's the chance you take when posting on a forum. It's life.

scarletpeaches
03-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Who else would it apply to? Isn't that stating the obvious?Clearly not if you missed my point, which was this: if someone objects to the OP's thread, fine, put her on ignore.

If someone objects to harsh advice, the advice-givers too can be put on ignore.

Some people take a softly-softly approach. Others are brutal. If you or anyone else objects to someone's posting style, ignore them.

Rowan
03-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Have a nice day everyone!

brainstorm77
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Have a nice day everyone!
YOu're two posts away from a thousand!!!:partyguy:

Ambrosia
03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Clearly not if you missed my point, which was this: if someone objects to the OP's thread, fine, put her on ignore.

If someone objects to harsh advice, the advice-givers too can be put on ignore.

Some people take a softly-softly approach. Others are brutal. If you or anyone else objects to someone's posting style, ignore them.

So, by this logic, you shouldn't have responded to my response to another poster, either.

On a totally unrelated note, you attributed a quote to Einstein - "Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result" - which according to the Yale Book of Quotations is actually from a book written in 1983 by Rita May Brown, Sudden Death. There is so much confusion about where the quote originally came from it is hard to figure out who actually said it. As a writer, I thought you might find it interesting, which is why I brought it up. I found it fascinating the quote could be attributed to a Chinese proverb, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, and a novel from 1983.

Nacho, I hope you are doing well today and your heart is healing.

scarletpeaches
03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
So, by this logic, you shouldn't have responded to my response to another poster, either.I don't remember saying you annoyed me enough to put you on ignore.

As it happens I don't have anyone on ignore. I know I'm on a few people's lists though. Meh.

Project nachonaco
03-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Umm....

If we could please have the thread locked, I would be eternally grateful. :) Thanks!

brainstorm77
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Umm....

If we could please have the thread locked, I would be eternally grateful. :) Thanks!

You need to PM a mod with your request.

semilargeintestine
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
On a totally unrelated note, you attributed a quote to Einstein - "Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result" - which according to the Yale Book of Quotations is actually from a book written in 1983 by Rita May Brown, Sudden Death. There is so much confusion about where the quote originally came from it is hard to figure out who actually said it. As a writer, I thought you might find it interesting, which is why I brought it up. I found it fascinating the quote could be attributed to a Chinese proverb, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, and a novel from 1983.

It may have been used in a novel from 1983, but that wasn't the first time. Albert Einstein said the same thing in a letter he wrote to Maurice Solovine, which you can read in the book Letters to Solovine. It is also unlikely that Ben Franklin said it first, as the phrasing is more modern than when he lived. He most certainly would not have said "over and over" but probably would have said "repeatedly." He also likely would have used "madness" rather than "insanity."

It could be a Chinese proverb, but there's no way to prove the authenticity or when it was written, so I think Einstein is probably the safe bet.

firedrake
03-07-2010, 10:47 PM
There's a lot of good advice on this thread.

My own tuppence worth:

A relationship doesn't define a person. It isn't the be all and end all. You're still young, don't be in a rush to find someone to 'complete you'. Find yourself first, like yourself.

Find some friends you can confide in rather than a bunch of strangers on an internet board. There's a whole big, wide world out there. God, I'd love to be twenty again and having all of life in front of me.

As for locking the thread. You asked for advice, you've been receiving it. You may not like all of it but there's a lot in life that you won't like.

My philosophy, for what it's worth: As long as I can get out of bed without help in the morning, as long as I can see sunlight, as long as I can hear my son's laughter, I'm good.

Everything else is just gravy.

scarletpeaches
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Einstein also said when you're sitting with a pretty girl an hour seems like a minute and when you have your hand on a hot stove a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

Or something like it; can't remember the exact wording.

semilargeintestine
03-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Einstein also said when you're sitting with a pretty girl an hour seems like a minute and when you have your hand on a hot stove a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

Or something like it; can't remember the exact wording.

I used that line in a love note once. :D

scarletpeaches
03-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Did you have your hand on a hot girl? :D

semilargeintestine
03-07-2010, 11:06 PM
I did that night. :D

Ambrosia
03-07-2010, 11:08 PM
I used that line in a love note once. :D
It would be a great line to use. :D

semilargeintestine
03-07-2010, 11:13 PM
It would be a great line to use. :D

Well, I added to it and made it REALLY cheesy. Puke-worthy, really. :D

Project nachonaco
03-07-2010, 11:16 PM
OK, now you guys are making me laugh. :D

Ambrosia
03-07-2010, 11:18 PM
OK, now you guys are making me laugh. :D
Laughing is really good, Nacho. :)

Project nachonaco
03-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm sorry if I sounded like a whiner, btw.

I tend to worry a lot and get overanxious and stuff and I think a lot of that is my biological makeup. So I'm going to see a doc and get on some anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds. :)

Also didn't hurt that he does still want to talk to me, and in fact called me his best Internet friend. :)

Ambrosia
03-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Nacho, you have been friends with him for a long time. There is nothing wrong with that. I do hope you will go over the advice you have received in the thread and think about it. You have gotten some good advice here.

I am glad he still wants to be your friend. Good friends are priceless, in my experience. :)

Project nachonaco
03-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Nacho, you have been friends with him for a long time. There is nothing wrong with that. I do hope you will go over the advice you have received in the thread and think about it. You have gotten some good advice here.

I am glad he still wants to be your friend. Good friends are priceless, in my experience. :)

Of course, oh, definitely. Absolutely.

Umm...

Is it too late to fill the gaping hole in my heart with cookies, or do I have to settle with filling it with good advice? :D

Cranky
03-07-2010, 11:41 PM

Umm...

Is it too late to fill the gaping hole in my heart with cookies, or do I have to settle with filling it with good advice? :D

I see no reason you can't do both. You can never go wrong with cookies or good advice. :)

Rowan
03-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Nacho...you're so young this "gaping hole" will be nothing more than a distant memory in no time.

Now I want a cookie too!

Cheers :) :) :)
One more post...then 1,000! (I didn't even notice that, Brainstorm)! :)

brokenfingers
03-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Remember, PN: Things can always be worse.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/samiamin/image001hqe.jpg

brainstorm77
03-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Nacho...you're so young this "gaping hole" will be nothing more than a distant memory in no time.

Now I want a cookie too!

Cheers :) :) :)
One more post...then 1,000! (I didn't even notice that, Brainstorm)! :)

One MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Bufty
03-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Laughter is a good cure-all.

But a gaping hole? Give it a break, eh?

You must keep your feet on the ground, Nacho, and next time you feel like posting a similar thread to this one just read this one instead.

And do try and get out more, my dear.

And my advice was meant to wake you up - like Grandad would do with one arm round your shoulder.

Ignore those mambie pambies who think it's harsh to tell you like it is. Life has ups and downs all the time.

:Hug2:

Umm...

Project nachonaco
03-08-2010, 12:30 AM
No worries, Bufty, we're cool. :)

Bufty
03-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Just a reminder to folk that may not know - Visitor Message exchanges are visible to all and not private!

aadams73
03-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Cookies anyone? These crumbs are getting all over my clothes, damn it.

scarletpeaches
03-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Just a reminder to folk that may not know - Visitor Message exchanges are visible to all and not private!But of course, they do tell us quite a lot about the characters of those people leaving such messages.

Still, it's better than going offsite. Say, to FaceBook...
Cookies anyone? These crumbs are getting all over my clothes, damn it.Ooh, me! Are they double-choc-chip-mocha-choca-latte-ya-ya?

aadams73
03-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Ooh, me! Are they double-choc-chip-mocha-choca-latte-ya-ya?

With banana frosting. Here, put this in your piehole.

*gives SP a cookie*

scarletpeaches
03-08-2010, 01:06 AM
*dies moar ded*

aadams73
03-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Mission accomplished!

*Curtsies*

scarletpeaches
03-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Hmm. If anyone has a hole in their heart, maybe we could pound cookies into said hole with a rolling pin or somesuch implement.

What we need is...a holepounder!

aadams73
03-08-2010, 01:11 AM
*Collapses. Dies to death laughing*

Have we made a total mockery of this thread yet? Have we? Huh? huh?

scarletpeaches
03-08-2010, 01:12 AM
*Collapses. Dies to death laughing*

Have we made a total mockery of this thread yet? Have we? Huh? huh?The beauty of it is twofold.

1) No-one knows what we're talking about.

2) Neither do we! :D

aadams73
03-08-2010, 01:14 AM
2) Neither do we! :D

Except when we do.

scarletpeaches
03-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Which is never.

I say never. I mean all the time.

Project nachonaco
03-08-2010, 01:34 AM
I love you guys. :)

Now this thread doesn't seem like a bashfest*.

(*)I don't think that now, of course. But it was like.... :eek: when I was feeling down.

Rowan
03-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Laughter is a good cure-all.

But a gaping hole? Give it a break, eh?

You must keep your feet on the ground, Nacho, and next time you feel like posting a similar thread to this one just read this one instead.

And do try and get out more, my dear.

And my advice was meant to wake you up - like Grandad would do with one arm round your shoulder.

Ignore those mambie pambies who think it's harsh to tell you like it is. Life has ups and downs all the time.

:Hug2:
I sure as hell hope you're not referring to me--or anyone else here--as a "mambie pambie"...........................just because we don't approach situations like you doesn't make our opinions any less valid.

Posted by Bufty: Just a reminder to folk that may not know - Visitor Message exchanges are visible to all and not private!

And I'm well aware of this fact, just for the record. What's your bloody point?

And scarletpeaches...so you've got something to say about my friggin' character now, based on some visitor messages to Brainstorm? WTFO? That's rich.

Brainstorm: And I've reached the 1,000th post.

scarletpeaches
03-08-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm just confused as to how it's acceptable to be nice (or namby-pamby, whatever) in this thread, but accuse someone of being a mess and loving the attention she gets, elsewhere on this site?
And scarletpeaches...so you've got something to say about my friggin' character now, based on some visitor messages to Brainstorm? WTFO? That's rich.Hey, I don't remember naming names, but before this thread's locked...if the cap fits...It says a lot that you assume I'm referring to you.

Project nachonaco
03-08-2010, 01:47 AM
....I broke AW, didn't I?

aadams73
03-08-2010, 01:50 AM

Yes. Now go to your room.

And here, have a cookie. Don't mind the soggy blood clots from my heart. They're full of iron.

Rowan
03-08-2010, 01:51 AM
I didn't "accuse" PN of anything. I pointed out that it's always possible someone is taking a piss merely to get a reaction. This is a computer. I don't personally know PN or anyone else on this site. As with all mediums, people can misrepresent themselves. THAT was what I said.

I think my exact words were: "For all we know she's just taking a piss and enjoying our reactions". There, I've said it here. I knew that message was open to all. What I find funny and telling: that certain people are actually checking BRAINSTORM's visitor messages.

For the record, I wasn't "nice" or "mambie pambie" in my response to PN. I was trying to be objective and offer some constructive advice.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. But for you to question my character based on a VM that wasn't even addressed to you--or concerning you? Again, WTFO?

Cranky
03-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Uh, I'm not a mod for this forum, but I'm thinking we'd best sheath the long knives before the thread gets locked. Just a suggestion, of course, but a good one, I flatter myself to say.

Rowan
03-08-2010, 01:53 AM

I'm sorry, PN. My sincere apologies if I've offended you in any way. And no--you didn't break AW.

Project nachonaco
03-08-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm sorry, PN. My sincere apologies if I've offended you in any way. And no--you didn't break AW.

As I've said, Bufty, we're cool. :)

I'm actually odd in that things that MIGHT seem offensive to me don't offend me, and things that SHOULDN'T seem offensive do offend me.

I'm a weird bird.

Silver King
03-08-2010, 01:58 AM
This thread has served its purpose, and then some.