Speaking of Contests...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1.) Have you ever entered the Publishers Clearinghouse contest?

2.) Are there any contests or sweepstakes that you enter every year?

3.) Have you ever won a contest or sweepstake?

:hi:

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Nope to all. And I don't play the lotto, either, because I'm convinced we pay enough in taxes without volunteering to pass even more on to the state.

I know the whole "nothin' ventured, nothin' gained" but, still, having even a marginal grasp on simple probability precludes my interest in gambling or other games of chance.

In short, I only go to Vegas for the shows and to get married. ;) And maybe drop $10 in the nickel slots if I'm reeeeeeeally bored.

ETA: My mom always loved sweepstakes and lotteries. She signed up for every one there ever was and religiously bought her lotto tickets. (Still does.)

The funny part of this is: she never opened mail from the sweepstakes, let calls from sweepstakes ring into message, and had a stack of unchecked lotto tickets filed in her "to do" pile, wrapped in stacks surrounded by a rubber band. But, you couldn't throw them out...no...because one of em' might have been a winner...if it were checked..and maybe someday it would be checked...

Last edited:

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to Vegas on Monday. I plan to spend the entire 3 days glossy-eyed and fearless. I'll let you know if my luck changes.