PDA

View Full Version : Hand-held PDA devices

MarkEsq
02-20-2010, 11:30 PM
So I use a cell phone, an older model, and I don't text. Right, now that you know that about me, a few questions about i-phones and other PDAs.

1. Can you restore an email, if you write it and delete it? I know with a regular laptop, you can go into temp history or something and kind of go back in time. Can you with PDAs?

2. Can you look at websites someone has surfed on his i-phone (or whatever)?

I have a dead guy who tried to send an email to my MC. The killer is a techno dunce, like me, so just managed to delete the email. I'd like my MC to be able to read the email, and also look at the websites he'd visited. Possible? How?!

MonaLeigh
02-20-2010, 11:45 PM
My iPhone uses Safari (http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3gs/safari.html) to surf the web. It saves up to 8 pages of what you've looked at. I think if you want to open more, you have to close out one of the eight.

If you delete and email it goes to the Trash. But if you delete the Trash, I think it's gone forever.

Medievalist
02-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Web browsers have caches, even on PDAs and iPhones.

Email applications may use a local cache--but if the email account is an IMAP account, there can be a copy of the deleted email on the local device in a "Trash" folder, and there may be one on the email server with Web access with a Trash or Deleted mail directory, set to purge after X days, and a copy of the mail on a local hard drive for a computer . . . IMAP is designed to synch