• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta for Dark Paranormal YA novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

half.jaded

Gone insane. Be right back.
Registered
Reaction score
Underground, trying to bomb the headquarters of ev
Hello! Thanks for clicking on this thread.

So I have two beta readers, one of which has yet to get back to me and the other who has finished and whose comments have been a great help.

I'm looking for more beta readers, because I feel as if it can never hurt to have too many beta readers.

So the query of Catharsis is here:

Seventeen-year-old Cassandra Dalton dreams about the grim reaper. That's fine. Playing tic-tac-toe with him for a man's life is no problem either. Even if said guy dies, it's all right. After all, it's just a dream.

Until she wakes up and finds out the guy really is dead.

She figures the first corpse is coincidence. Then the reaper comes back for round two, and she’s calling the second body pure chance. Three is bad luck, but the fourth dead guy’s pushing it. Cass doesn’t give a crap about how much fun the grim reaper has while she scrambles to win: she wants her conscience clean and the reaper gone. She’s going to try witches, holy water and sleep deprivation – anything to get rid of him.

Unless maybe she can work this to her advantage.

CATHARSIS is a dark paranormal young adult novel complete at 62,000 words.

If you want to read a bit of my work, here are two scenes from Catharsis posted on SYW:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160232

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171510

PM me if interested. :D

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
Hey :D

I like your writing and your premise sounds cool :) (I remember your first chapter from YA SYW).

I'm pretty flat out for the next few weeks, but if you're still looking for a BETA in mid-March, PM me and I'll be more than happy to BETA for you.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.