• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Humorous YA Mystery Beta Needed - Will Swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerT

Who the hell do you think I am?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writeingthings.blogspot.com
Need one more set of eyes for my novel, the 209 DETECTIVE AGENCY. It's pretty short, about 55K.

It's a humorous story about a high schooler named Jason Swift who broke his only rule of "don't get involved" to get closer to a girl. He does this buy volunteering to edit a movie made by the school's video club (which the girl is president of). Unfortunately, the laptop he has used to edit and store the movie is stolen. The police won't help because the odds of finding it are low, and Swift can't afford to hire a private investigator. So he does the only thing he can:

Hires Ren.

Renette "Ren" Cheverny is another highschool student in his class who offers private investigations for the cost of "one favor." It's a price that Swift can afford, but there's one problem with Ren.

She thinks she's psychic.

Anyway, hilarity (hopefully) ensues and the stolen laptop turns out to be something much more complicated than Swift ever bargained for.

...any takers? I'll swap a beta read of your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.