PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3.6

Sophia
02-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I saw the prompt to install this latest version when I last updated. I love the different "personas" available. I've got a cheery, colourful flower one at the moment. There are almost too many to choose from! Something to fit any mood, I think.

Shadow_Ferret
02-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Weird. I didn't even know they had a new update and my "Check for Updates" is greyed out.

Fran
02-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, they do have a new update because it crashed the game I was playing last night. Grrrrr. Grrrrr. I deferred it just out of revenge. :D

alleycat
02-19-2010, 09:55 PM
It just updated mine the other day; but it upgraded to 3.5.8.

Sophia
02-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Yes, it was the 3.5.8 update for me, too. The confirmation web page that loads up once the update has been installed had the link to 3.6 on it.

Jersey Chick
02-19-2010, 10:09 PM
It updated for me, and I had a problem with something - when I went to troubleshoot, there was the suggestion to upgrade to 3.6.

So I did and the problem is resolved. :D

benbradley
02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Something really BUGS me about this update. It's not just Firefox, but every time some program gets updated, things CHANGE and MOVE AROUND for no apparent reason (they're definitely not improvements, and as far as I see there's no option to make it do things the old way) I think from 2.x to 3.0 the little red x "close tab" button moved from the right edge of the tab bar to the right side of the tab. It used to be always in the same place on the right, but now I have to find it on the tab.

I do a lot of "open link in new tab" which is right-click and then the second item in the popup menu. It's also one step by clicking the thumb button on this fancy Logitech Mouseman mouse. It has always opened up the page in a new tab to the right of the last tab. NOW it opens in the IMMEDIATE right tab, and any other tabs on the right move down a space. I've often gone to the last tab to go to the page I "just opened" to find THAT'S NOT THE PAGE...:rant:

What if the menu bar got changed around to:

Help Tools Bookmarks History Edit File
... people would go crazy ...

It just updated mine the other day; but it upgraded to 3.5.8.

Yes, it was the 3.5.8 update for me, too. The confirmation web page that loads up once the update has been installed had the link to 3.6 on it.
The update to 3.5.8 happened on my desktop and I manually got the 3.6 update, but my netbook had already updated to 3.6. I dunno how that happened, but What Ever.

maestrowork
02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
You have to go to www.mozilla.com to download Firefox 3.6. The incremental update only takes you to 3.5.8.

Shadow_Ferret
02-19-2010, 11:23 PM
You have to click "Check for Updates" twice. First time it updates to the 3.5.8 revision, then the next one takes you to the New Version.

BenPanced
02-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I saw the prompt to install this latest version when I last updated. I love the different "personas" available. I've got a cheery, colourful flower one at the moment. There are almost too many to choose from! Something to fit any mood, I think.
They have a Ceiling Cat persona.

Medievalist
02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I looked at that . . . yes, I desperately needed ANOTHER WAY TO WASTE TIME.

Also?

Those are pretty easy to make. I may have to give in an try it.

For science of course, it's not work avoidance.

alleycat
02-20-2010, 10:34 AM
I upgraded to 3.6 (thanks to those who mentioned it). It was a quick update. I haven't looked at any of the "persona" things; don't think I want to. I'm a really dull human being.

So far, no problems at all with it.