Get ready for the next eight months:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What? The MSN launch page?

Shutter Island? The Olympics? Joe Stack? Romney and Cheney dissin' Obama? Mariah Carey in rehab--or not? NBA trade deadline winners and losers?

Could you narrow it down a tad?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we've survived MSN so far, I don't see them as causing the end of the world in the next eight months. Although I would have expected an attack on the mass media to come from some crackpot like me, not blacy! :D

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I actually think there must have been some idiotic headline that has since changed because...well, internet sites change rapidly compared to print media.

Either that or Blac is getting into abstract art.

Slushie

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I think the op completely mises the point.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
My bad. Apologies. Bad linkie. I was in a hurry, and didn't check it. What I meant to link was the story about the Republican political conference, featuring Mitt Romney blasting Obama for being . . . well, mainly, just for being. With his usual level of witty repartée, Romney urged people there to "pin the tail on the donkey" in the 2010 elections. It clearly revealed the absence of any constructive ideas still plaguing the GOP, and their intent to rely on and exploit "voter anger". And then return to the good ol' days of the first years of the previous administration, when they held power in Congress, and did sooooooo much better.

Anyhow, I screwed up linking it, and it probably doesn't matter. We'll have plenty more such stories in coming weeks and months. A mod can kill the thread, if desired.

caw

Slushie

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Why a mod? I'll happily kill this thread.

When I was younger, a few years before I lost my virginity--I think I was in third grade, or maybe fourth--my friends and I were shooting squirrels in my backyard when [insert rest of personal anecdote, revealing way too many uncomfortable details] so that was the last time I ever used a monkey.

Is it dead yet?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

When I was younger, a few years before I lost my virginity--I think I was in third grade, or maybe fourth--my friends and I were shooting squirrels in my backyard when [insert rest of personal anecdote, revealing way too many uncomfortable details] so that was the last time I ever used a monkey.
With or without the hulahoop?

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
http://www.msn.com/

Well, duh ...........................

caw

Blacbird, the time stamp on your OP is (in my time zone) 3:30 AM. And from what I can see you only posted the main page of the web site, as opposed to a specific article.

The main page has since changed. And so the entire OP is now ... worthless.

Can you help us out here???

(PS: I didn't even click the link because I didn't have to. The web link was plainly just the home page for MSN, and the responses of just about everyone else in the thread said it all.

Lesson learned, bb????)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score

Is it dead yet?

Man, and I have the best shot-squirrel-tail as avant garde flower arrangement story, but I see you're making fun. No squirrel tales for you then.

The punchline is maggots, though. I can't help but indulge :D

sulong

It's a matter of what is.
Registered
Reaction score
Blacbird, the time stamp on your OP is (in my time zone) 3:30 AM. And from what I can see you only posted the main page of the web site, as opposed to a specific article.

(PS: I didn't even click the link because I didn't have to. The web link was plainly just the home page for MSN, and the responses of just about everyone else in the thread said it all.

Lesson learned, bb????) .

Oh wow, the time stamp for me was 11:30 pm. Which is probably closer to blackbirds own time.
Anyway, blackbird already did some butt covering in post #11, which BTW is time stamped 12:09 pm ( my time ).

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Technically, what humans call time is not really a measurement of time, its more a measurement of ambient light levels...

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Anytime the punch-line includes maggots, we're already in deep trouble whether we know it or not.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score

Lesson learned, bb????)

Why does MSN change so often? The CNN webpage has had the same two images (one says "click to play") of the same person all afternoon and evening, on something that isn't even newsworthy (you can tell because we're not discussing it here).

Blacbird, next time you want to reference a news story, wait 'till it's the big thing on CNN, then post a link there.