Tiger Woods Press Conference

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Tiger Woods is supposed to break his silence tomorrow on his ongoing problems (not the least of which is his taste in mistresses, but that's another story).

I'm sure he'll make a heart-felt apology to the PGA, his family, and golf fans.

Would you guess they will replay this on TV: 1) Less than 1000 times over the next three days, 2) 1000-10,000 times, 3) More than 10,000 times?

Personally, I'll be glad when this is mostly a footnote in the past. He brought the problems on himself (like most of us do), but he's also been hounded enough.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tiger Woods is having a press conference, let me pay close attention to what he has to say :sleepy:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I just hope that all the ones asking the questions at the press conference have no skeletons in their closets. :poke: It's really sad that what happens in private lives has to be splashed/smashed across the media over and over and over again. Kind of makes me happy that I am a nobody...sniff....sniff.

It's strange how human beings are so hell bent on living on everybodys mistakes/misjudgments. Too bad we can't dwell on the wonderful things folks achieve and the good they do. Oh well......such is life I guess.

Reaction score
Why on Earth he's allowed himself to be talked into this I don't know. Or maybe it was his decision.

He screwed around on his wife. Big deal. What that has to do with his ability to play golf or fulfil his obligations to his sponsors I don't know.

The only person to whom he owes an apology is called Elin. It's no-one else's business what he does with his dick.

I for one couldn't give two hoots about what he's been up to. I'm not a golf fan but if I were, I'd be more interested in that, than his not-so-private life.

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, its his dick let him stick it where he wants. He'll just have to answer to his wife and no one else.

He plays good golf, if I liked golf I'd still watch him no matter if hes a low life cheese ball..

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2zzz: Was I disappointed in his behavior? Yes. Was I surprised? No. He is no different than a multitude of other professional athletes/entertainers/politicians/celebrities. The only difference is that you don't usually hear about it in golf.

MM

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think any amount of "therapy" is going to change the stripes on that tiger. He is who he is, a sleazy lowlife who allowed his libido to control his actions instead of common sense and decency. People like that don't ever become someone else; they simply learn how to better hide their infidelities.

I frankly don't care who he beds, or how many women have been impaled by his nine iron; but I do take exception to his contrite tone and efforts at damage control, which amounts to the same bullshit we hear from any number of public figures who get caught with their pants down.

It all rings so hollow, since no one is ever truly sorry for their actions until after they've been nailed to the wall.

The only person I feel sorry for in all of this is his poor wife, who must feel the worst kind of humiliation a spouse can suffer and has to endure her pain while trying to evade an insatiable media.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Get him back on the tour for God's sake. I want to see him win majors and smash fools, the rest of this is entirely irrelevant...

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Get the lousy junk off the news.

I totally agree. All this Tigerdickmania is sidelining important stuff, like keeping up with the Karadishians and Paris's latest slink on the red carpet.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
How much is FU money now, cause if I had his money I'd nicely say.None of your Fing business!!!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
On second thought, I wouldn't be nice. Why does he need the masses to love him?

Screw you, hate me, but pay me.

STKlingaman

Followed the Red Brick Road
Registered
Reaction score
I found him unbelievable.
I'm betting not only him, but the people
in the crowd were all well rehearsed for it.
His pattern of speech and eye movement rarely
varied, and there was little if no compassion in
his voice. I get the feeling he is just a tool
of the image he has created, and now that
image is squashed.
I have never been a big fan of his, although
without a doubt he is the finest golfer of our
time. But once again, America (and the world)
have found out that the quality of ones morals
has nothing to do with their excellence in their
chosen profession, or the hype the media
gives them.
Yea he may change, but he's already had
his fun, committed his sins, lived his
decadent life while cheating on his wife
and children. And once again, it can be
blamed on a 'disease', although he knew -
like drunk drivers who kill, that he was
doing the wrong thing at the time.
And all the while he was also lying to
the public using his image to rake in
millions of dollars from endorsements.

Hey Elin, divorce him and take the kids
back to your home country, then he may
actually learn something, but probably not.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Yanno, sex addiction is just his cross to bear.

It's a real disease, with doctors and everything.

(Semi-quoted from Blades of Glory, and not meant entirely jokingly.)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, he sold his soul - hundreds of millions for playing golf and endorsing things, based simply on his golfing accomplishments? Leave his family out of it, but he has a whole damn team dedicated to keeping him famous and paid.

Don't want to read about it? Then don't. It's news, though, and it's public. Too bad for him; it's his mess, and he should clean it up, no strings attached.

There's a whole lot of news I don't want to look at, whether it's trivial, unpleasant or irrelevant. And papparazzi stuff makes me ill. But God bless freedom of the press.

Aschenbach

Moral Marjorie
Registered
Reaction score
He screwed around on his wife. Big deal. What that has to do with his ability to play golf or fulfil his obligations to his sponsors I don't know.

I think screwing around on your wife is a big deal. A wife is entitled to expect some fidelity. 'Cos of, you know, the marriage vows and all that.

The fact Woods apologised to his sponsors as well as his wife shows where his head is at. He has made many millions from being Mr Clean Cut. When the scandal broke his sponsors deserted him. Hence the apology. He just wants to repair his image and claw back some of that endorsement money.

Notice his wife wasn't present at the great apology PR stunt. So who was he apolgising to? The Great God Mammon, methinks.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Get him back on the tour for God's sake. I want to see him win majors and smash fools, the rest of this is entirely irrelevant...
But it should be relevant. No sport should transcend any athlete, nor should any athlete transcend any sport. And golf shouldn't be any different.

I mean really: Should Tiger get a pass for being the utmost scumbag just because he's a great golfer? Think about it: He's based his entire professional and personal persona on being better than just about every other human being on the planet. And it turns out that he's no better than a piece of shit on the fairway.

Fuck him and his handlers.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think he ought to be excluded from tournaments or anything, but I darn sure don't think he deserves to be protected from public scrutiny. So, if you don't care, fine. But if you do care, also fine.

The rules do not provide for relief from a bad lie without penalty. That's how the game is played.

Everything but the Girl told the story about a couple of other people we know. Does the personal stuff make a difference to you? Only you can say:

Me and Bobby D don't get along that easily.
You told the world, "Be free, live life".
Tell me, is it true you beat your wife?
You see, me and Bobby D don't get along that easily.
You told the world, "Skip rules, have fun".
Knocked her from here to kingdom come?
How many girls have you had today?
And how many bottles have you downed today?
And while you're out on the skids, who's minding the kids?

Go to sleep Bobby D, here's a kiss,
don't worry your pretty head about this.

Me and Saint Jack K never had too much to say.
It's easy driving with your feet,
with some good ol' girl in the passenger seat
watching the road all day,
"Oh honey, what funny things you do say."
But while you're out of your head
who's making the bed?

Go to sleep Bobby D, here's a kiss,
don't worry your pretty head about this.
Go to sleep Saint Jack K,
don't worry your tiny head today

Last edited:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Yanno, sex addiction is just his cross to bear.

It's a real disease, with doctors and everything.

(Semi-quoted from Blades of Glory, and not meant entirely jokingly.)
Yes, Tiger Woods' Sex Addiction is A Spiritual Disease, just like Alcoholism. The only sponsor Tiger needs to listen to is his 12-step sponsor, another recovering sex addict.

Here we go, his treatment center tells all (that they want the public to know) about it:
http://www.pinegrovetreatment.com/gentle-path.html

"We admitted we were powerless over our gonads, that our lives had become unmanageable."

Reaction score
I think screwing around on your wife is a big deal. A wife is entitled to expect some fidelity. 'Cos of, you know, the marriage vows and all that.
No one's disputing that.

Why he has to apologise publicly to everyone else I don't know. Infidelity is nothing to do with us. It wasn't you he cheated on.

Quite frankly I don't give a shit what he does with his dick, only his golf clubs. To me, he's a golfer, not a husband.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else find it odd that his mother wouldn't even look at him while he was issuing his mea culpa? It was so obvious as she was seated front and center.