Instant Personality Tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad

Registered
Reaction score
This website called http://typealyzer.com is pretty cool. You enter your website address and it tries to calculate your personality type based on the writing. Surprisingly, it got mine right (INTP) even though my site isn't about myself or really even my opinions. How does it work for you?

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
The site said INTP, which is as close as it could get.

In actual testing, I come out as being INT* as I'm around 50/50 for P/J. I think that means I broke the tests, as I don't think that's allowed. :)

It only works when writing as yourself though. Running some first person flash fiction through it, a cat story was ESTP and a robot story was ESFP. Fiction changes things.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Well, mine was very wrong. It came out:
ESFP - The Performers

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.
In reality, I'm a very solid INFP. Especially the I as against E (NOBODY coud be more introverted than me!) and the N against S. I'm soilidly intuitive.

As for the description: I hate entertaining, and though I do like soft fabrics and scents I'm not really attuned to pleasure; I'm very ascetic. And I hardly ever exhaust myself.

The second paragraph is pretty true though. I do like helping people and I avoid conflict.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
My blog came out as ESFP - The Performers. I'd say that's mostly accurate.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
ISFP -- the artists.

Not sure that's right, but oh well.

Incidentally, I put in some agent blogs and they all came back "ISTP -- The Mechanics"

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting, but I don't have a blog, so I can't try it. :(

I've thought about a blog...maybe sometime...maybe.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
Well, mine was very wrong. It came out:

In reality, I'm a very solid INFP. Especially the I as against E (NOBODY coud be more introverted than me!) and the N against S. I'm soilidly intuitive.

Based on my results, I wondered if it's based on how many I/me/my statements you make. The two stories I got extrovert for were heavy on I/me/my constructions. The pages coming out as introvert were not.

If it is how they do it, it'd be easy to bias. A diary blog would tend to come across as extroverted and a article blog as introverted. The same person could write both.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
ISFP, "The Artist". I think I usually come out as INFP, though I'm not sure.

My fictional serial blog got ESFP, "The Performer". That's not where I was aiming the character... ;)

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
ESFP? I don't think so- My writing may reflect that, but that's my writing- not me-

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is definitely WRONG. ISTP - The Mechanics! BAH I say.

I usually get right results for the personality test - either INTJ or ENTJ which are both correct

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Ran a few of my college newspaper articles by it.

recent one on the Israeli settlement issue - INTJ (scientists)

a pro-life one - INTP (Thinkers)

against birthers and those who think an american president should be born in America (scientists)

on the morality of video games (Thinkers)

on vassar embracing a truly open curriculum (Scientists)

Russia's undemocratic-ness (scientists)

Israeli elections (thinkers)

Guantanamo - (thinkers)

another Israeli article (thinkers)

yet another Israeli article (thinkers)

defeating extremism (thinkers)

thoughts on the russo geogian conflict (scientists)

Listed in reverse chronological order of publication...

Overall tally

Scientists - 5
Thinkers - 7

So I'm 5/12 Scientist and 7/12 thinker. yay?

Last edited:

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
Mine seems about right! Well, except for the whole physical outdoorsy part. I hate exercise. :p

ESTP - The Doers
The active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities.

The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Based on my results, I wondered if it's based on how many I/me/my statements you make. The two stories I got extrovert for were heavy on I/me/my constructions. The pages coming out as introvert were not.

If it is how they do it, it'd be easy to bias. A diary blog would tend to come across as extroverted and a article blog as introverted. The same person could write both.

Actually, I'd have thought it the other way around, the "me" pages as introverted and the factual pages as extroverted. As it happens, the first page of my blog is not so much about me; it's mostly an obituary for someone else, and so I tried a page form my website which is more about myself, and that too came out with an E: ESTP, the Doers, like the post above, which is absolutely and completely not me:

"...often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities. (NOT!)
... They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time. (NOT! I love sitting still; I love meditation and everything quiet and contemplative.)
"
So, this site definitely brought out a fail with me.

Last edited:

ChristineR

What happened?
Registered
Reaction score
Ann Arbor, Michigan. Downtown. Near the Universi
I went here, which is apparently where the site maker got the analyzer from. You can enter any text sample there. I don't blog, so I tried out two very different stories I wrote, both in first person. The fictional narrators were supposed to be as different as I could make them.

Both scored ESFP, which, as it happens, is the perfect opposite of my supposed personality, INTJ. Hm.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
INTP -- The Thinkers
The logical and analytical type. They are especially attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.

They enjoy working with complex things using a lot of concepts and imaginative models of reality. Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about.
So-so; kind of true, but also kind of not.

Miss T

Registered
Reaction score
I got ISFP and ESFP for the two I ran. I consistently test as an INFP, but I can see why each ended up with what they did. It's an interesting site-- genderanalyzer.com is fun too, haha.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was ISFP. I am ISFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.