PDA

View Full Version : Writing a book because the cover art would be neat?

Carole
02-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Have you ever found the inspiration to write something just because you envision the cover art and it totally rocks?

I have.

Wonder if it will be good or if it will only look good. Hmmmm.

ad_lucem
02-16-2010, 08:12 PM
You know what they say about books and covers...

But... I'm a sucker for good cover art. I'm a very visual person. Many times I have been fooled by a pretty picture on the front flap. And many times I will probably be fooled again... can't help it. ;)

So, yeah, in a way, I'd have to say I do. :D

scarletpeaches
02-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Some publishers actually do this. They offer up cover art for their in-house authors to use before the books are even written.

But if said cover art has been rejected before, you have to wonder why...

wysewomon
02-16-2010, 08:17 PM
No, but I fantasize about who I would like to do my covers.

WW

Carole
02-16-2010, 08:23 PM
I can see this thing in my head. It won't leave me alone. My muse won't leave me alone. And to think of all the times I have wished she would drop by.

scarletpeaches
02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Well you need to listen. And while she's here, tie her to the chair. Or chain her to the desk. Don't let her get away.

Carole
02-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Oooh! I hadn't thought about tying her to a chair. I need you on speed-dial.

scarletpeaches
02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Violent kidnap of muses is my speciality. Maybe I could sideline in bounty hunting.

Alpha Echo
02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
No, but I fantasize about who I would like to do my covers.

WW

Nice. This made me smile. :D

Can't say that I've ever found a piece of art that inspired my writing, at least not art I thought of for the cover. I have seen beautiful things that I want to incorporate in my story, though.

scarletpeaches
02-16-2010, 09:05 PM
I fantasise about who I'd like to do my covers as well. There are two artists in particular of whom I'm a raging fangirl. I can tell their covers just by glancing at certain ebooks. They have a style all their own which makes me drool.

JoeEkaitis
02-17-2010, 07:50 AM
I sometimes doodle a cover . . .

http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Joe-Ekaitis/j_and_h.gif

. . . but never get around to writing the book.