Iran a "nuclear state"?

sulong

It's a matter of what is.
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, don't matter. Let em have their own toys.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
It does not matter until...ya know, a large portion of the middle east vanishes into a nuclear fireball.

That'd kinda suck. Not that I'm saying it will HAPPEN, but...I dunnkow, Iran with nukes is kinda creepy.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, don't matter. Let em have their own toys.
Sure, that's the way to handle things; and while we're at it, we'll hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Iran will find out soon enough that posturing before the world's media will bring it little relief when the shit hits the fan, which is bound to happen sooner rather than later.

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
Meh, maybe having the middle east vanish in a nuclear fireball wouldn't be that bad of thing. Then we could come in unopposed, rebuild the oil fields and start recouping the metric tons of loot we've wasted so far(you figure that it takes around 400 tons of benjamins to make a billion dollars, so if you factor in that we've probably dropped about a trillion dollars on the wars so far, you're looking at like 400,000 tons of 100 dollar bills!).

*sarcasm alert*

Reaction score
http://blog.heritage.org/2010/02/11/ahmadinejad-iran-is-a-“nuclear-state”/
Ahmedinijad had announced that Iran had become a "nuclear state", that a first batch of 20% enriched Uranium was turned over to the scientists. True? Not true? Does it matter?

What's the general consensus in Israel regarding when and if you will blow their nuclear facilities to smithereens?

Please tell me the plans are in place and Israel is ready to act alone, because I'm quite sure Obama and the rest of the world is pretty much resigned to allowing them to get the weapons.

Sanctions?

Have sanctions ever worked in history with lunatics like these!?!??!?! Ever?!?!?!? Tell me!!! Please. I hope so!!!

Sorry.

Thank you.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Meh, maybe having the middle east vanish in a nuclear fireball wouldn't be that bad of thing. Then we could come in unopposed, rebuild the oil fields and start recouping the metric tons of loot we've wasted so far(you figure that it takes around 400 tons of benjamins to make a billion dollars, so if you factor in that we've probably dropped about a trillion dollars on the wars so far, you're looking at like 400,000 tons of 100 dollar bills!).

*sarcasm alert*
Would the nuclear radiation/fallout get into the oil? That wouldn't be very good.

But that's an impertinent question. We shouldn't be worrying about that, should we...
What's the general consensus in Israel regarding when and if you will blow their nuclear facilities to smithereens?

Please tell me the plans are in place and Israel is ready to act alone, because I'm quite sure Obama and the rest of the world is pretty much resigned to allowing them to get the weapons.

Sanctions?

Have sanctions ever worked in history with lunatics like these!?!??!?! Ever?!?!?!? Tell me!!! Please. I hope so!!!

Sorry.

Thank you.
I recall the US/UN sanctions against Iraq ... this tells plenty of the story:
http://diplomatdc.wordpress.com/200...in-and-the-iraq-body-count-by-gregory-hilton/
Using any possible logic that saving lives is good and saving more lives is better, the US should have invaded Iraq more than two decades earlier than it did.

Yeah, we should have just taken it over. We'd then have a good base from which to make Iran shut up (for whatever you want "shut up" to mean) regarding nukes.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score

dmytryp

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.webpage4u.co.il
Israel and Iran exchanging messages
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100221/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_drones
TEL NOF AIR FORCE BASE, Israel – Israel's air force on Sunday introduced a fleet of huge pilotless planes that can remain in the air for a full day and could fly as far as the Persian Gulf, putting rival Iran within its range.

The Heron TP drones have a wingspan of 86 feet (26 meters), making them the size of Boeing 737 passenger jets and the largest unmanned aircraft in Israel's military. The planes can fly at least 20 consecutive hours and are primarily used for surveillance and carrying diverse payloads.

At the fleet's inauguration ceremony at a sprawling air base in central Israel, the drone dwarfed an F-15 fighter jet parked beside it. The unmanned plane resembles its predecessor, the Heron, but can fly higher, reaching an altitude of more than 40,000 feet (12,000 meters), and remain in the air longer.

This, coupled with Russian intention of going ahead on the supply of s-3000 anti-aircraft systems brings us another step closer to a confrontation.*

*To prevent any comments to this regard -- this isn't my wish, just an analysis of the situation

dmytryp

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.webpage4u.co.il

dmytryp

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.webpage4u.co.il

dmytryp

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.webpage4u.co.il
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3859850,00.html
Three of the world's largest oil suppliers have clandestinely cut their ties with Iran, the Financial Times reported Monday.

The move, which saw Holland-based Vitol and Switzerland's Glencore and Trafigura cease all trading with Iran, stresses the United States' success in pressuring global companies to cut commercial ties with the Islamic Republic.
If true, very good for the admin

dmytryp

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.webpage4u.co.il
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/19/world/europe/19diplo.html?src=me
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Russia’s foreign minister clashed publicly Thursday over an announcement that Russia would complete a nuclear power plant in Iran this summer.

Mrs. Clinton said the announcement, made during her visit, sends the wrong signal at a time when the West is trying to curb Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.
Remeber that thread where Obama was hailed as the great chess-master for supposedly forcing Russia's and China's hand on the sanctions after the Qom reactor announcement. Yeah, check mate.