• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

muses..

Status
Not open for further replies.

stitchingirl

Registered
Reaction score
Is there somewhere you can send yours in for repair? I think mine is broken. Maybe it has a shelf life and it's expired. I can't remember where I even got mine from the first time. Maybe it is old. I've been writing since 1985, so maybe its expired.

I NEED A NEW MUSE! :cry::flag:

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
awww. No I dont think there is a repair shop anywhere. Just let yourself relax a bit, go and read sometimes that inspires me to write :D Good luck

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What Soma said. Go out and live a little without looking for a story. When you come back, you'll have a treasure trove of new experiences that will inspire you to write.

annew

Registered
Reaction score
Some think I'm nuts, but my muse responds well to a regular schedule... a bit of discipline. Try it, or if you're already doing that, switch projects.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I need to talk to my muse about her frequent vacations, but she's busy right now.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
I am with annew. I write every day. It keeps my muse working and keeps me happy. Even if the words are crap and will ultimately be tossed out the window. Or placed in the Recycle Bin. LOL

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Is there somewhere you can send yours in for repair? I think mine is broken. Maybe it has a shelf life and it's expired. I can't remember where I even got mine from the first time. Maybe it is old. I've been writing since 1985, so maybe its expired.

I NEED A NEW MUSE! :cry::flag:

They like to do that until you get them trained.

You train them by writing every day, even when you think you can't. They're never 100% obedient after that, but they do a pretty decent job of coming when you call them.

stitchingirl

Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe..

She's not wearing the "fun writing" cap right now, but is wearing the "academic cap", since I have to write a 2,000-2,500 word essay by Sunday.

I need to talk to my muse about her frequent vacations, but she's busy right now.

Sounds like our muses go on vacation together. ;)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I'd give serious thought to changing your muse. I never got on well with the female of the species ... the male one I have now is a very different ball game (read into that what you will) who has inspired me to keep a journal(written up every night before I go to sleep and sometimes during the day with ideas and what nots) and to write most days. The days I don't write the muse does not rest - he is so full of ideas so I take said ideas and plot and plan ...

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe he/she just needs to get laid. You never know...

stitchingirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha...

Would I get into trouble for prostitution? ;) How do you know if your muse needs to get laid? :D

It's on the individual person to get their own "booty call". Not my department. Hmm...maybe that's the trouble. Maybe I need to switch from woman to man.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Would I get into trouble for prostitution? ;) How do you know if your muse needs to get laid? :D

It's on the individual person to get their own "booty call". Not my department. Hmm...maybe that's the trouble. Maybe I need to switch from woman to man.

You'd know from the ideas that keep popping into your head!

stitchingirl

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I know that..

But I am the most uncreative creature on two-feet, at least in my opinion.

So, my writing must come from a Muse.

Reaction score
Don't listen to the nasty, bitter ferret.

Yes, a 'muse' is the personification of whatever inspires us. Big deal. So it's a made-up person? Do we not make people up all the time as part of our writing career?

stitchingirl

Registered
Reaction score
Amen!

We get our inspiration from some of the stupidest ways.

*someone falls down, "Oooh, I could use that in this scene..."

*someone sneezes and farts, "Oooh, this character could do that.."

*someone cuts off a finger, "Oooh, this character could have that..."

Maybe I need to get out more. Be around people. Kinda hard to be around people when you can't hear too well, though.

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
Cant we all just hug and kiss and make love... ;p na kidding, just relax you're not alone...

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Don't listen to the nasty, bitter ferret.

Yes, a 'muse' is the personification of whatever inspires us. Big deal. So it's a made-up person? Do we not make people up all the time as part of our writing career?

And yet, you don't believe in "writer's block."
If you hate to say it then don't.

Agree with Scarletpeaches.
Too late. Already said it.

Reaction score
And yet, you don't believe in "writer's block."
So? What's your point?

Oh, right. You think I'm one of those people who actually believes the muse is a real, living being whose moods can either bestow Golden Prose or not, which to anyone else would mean striking a writer with the curse of writer's block?

Right. And there was me thinking talking about 'the muse' was merely the personification of being in the zone.

Silly me for thinking this game could sometimes be fun.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Um. No. I was thinking that sometimes writers blame "writer's block" for their failure to write something. Its a term used to personify a temporary lack of ideas, just like muse. I was trying to point out that you were being inconsistent by defending one while bashing the other.

Either way, I certainly didn't expect you to get angry about it, SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.