Status
Not open for further replies.

adtabb

Quiet Normally, Loud when Provoked
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilbrownwrite.wordpress.com
Should Works Cited and Reference Pages be double spaced in the submitted copy?

I am sure I will find more questions, I just haven't found a good place for formatting guidelines for non-fiction.

Thank you!

Sunnyside

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brianjayjones.com
Interesting question -- and I'm not sure I have an authoritative answer for you. However, in my initial submitted copies -- meaning the sample chapters -- I double-space the body text, and single space my endnotes and sources. I actually don't know if there's a standard for this one, but in my opinion, single spacing notes and sources probably won't cause you any great problems, unless you put it all in 7 point type or something.

Deleted member 42

Check with the publisher to see if they have a style they prefer, otherwise, single space entries, double space between them.

susangpyp

Registered
Reaction score
I single spaced mine with a double space between. The publisher checked all my titles, authors, dates etc to make sure they were right (they weren't always). My bibliography is rather long so I tried to make it as painless as possible, but I'm sure I was overthinking it.

DerekJager

Registered
Reaction score
I double-spaced the manuscript (of course) and then single-spaced my sources--I had about 70 references, so I single-spaced them and nothing was ever mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.