PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a beta for my long, rough and incomplete urban fantasy outline.

DigitalGhost
02-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Hello there. I know that this is a slightly odd request, as I have no completed work to put forth, but would anybody be willing to take a look at my outline? It's for an urban fantasy with the working title Parasol Road, and I've been having some trouble working out some of the details and making everything fit together. Since I'm not good at seat-of-the-pants writing, I want to get all of the details hammered out before I start writing the actual prose, and a second opinion would be really helpful.

Long story short, my idea is about a magic civil war that occurs in an alternate version of America. My MC, a young witch named Siobhan Corrigan, becomes a spy for the government, then switches sides and works for the rebel group. She gets tangled up with a group of faeries and soul traders, and eventually she has to fight them for her own soul and the soul of her child. There's a lot more to it than that, but it's hard to lay it out neatly without rambling for paragraphs...

If anyone would be willing to take a look at this and offer suggestions or criticism, I would be ever so grateful! :)

Scoates
02-15-2010, 12:46 AM
I would love to.

As a side note, I've noticed that if two puzzle pieces won't cram together, it's usually because another piece needs to fit between them.

M.Austin
02-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I would love to as well. :)

Little1
02-15-2010, 09:28 PM
sure thing ^_^ send it my way and I can have a peek.