PDA

View Full Version : Go insane with me. Really. Come join.

Regan Leigh
02-14-2010, 12:24 PM
These edits are making me lose my mind this week.

Revise. Revise. Edit. Rearrange. Edit. Write a scene. Move the scene. Delete a scene. Edit. Revise. Revise. Rearrange. Go insane.

That's the pattern. I'm going to start losing hair or go blind. Really, I'm not being dramatic. I have insanity brought about by months of writing and revising a novel.

It's 3:30am here. I have to be up at 7:30am. What am I doing?

Editing.

See? Insane.

But I do like my WIP. Really. It's worth it to lose my mind over. Right?

Join the party. Encourage my insanity, offer a cure, share your own writing woes... whatever. Just start talking so I know there is a reason I'm hearing these voices... :D

bettielee
02-14-2010, 02:15 PM
I have just begun the madness.

**Fills cooler with ice and many many wine coolers.**

**buys Regan a wig and myself some fake nails**

I am a nail biter, you see.

Wayne K
02-14-2010, 04:48 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXZMZ-XvvzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXZMZ-XvvzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ken
02-14-2010, 04:55 PM
... realized last night there might be a factual flaw in my recent work. After two hours of nerve-wracking research I found out there was one, but oddly that it made no difference.

Rowan
02-14-2010, 06:17 PM

Revise. Revise. Edit. Rearrange. Edit. Write a scene. Move the scene. Delete a scene. Edit. Revise. Revise. Rearrange. Go insane.

That's the pattern. I'm going to start losing hair or go blind. Really, I'm not being dramatic. I have insanity brought about by months of writing and revising a novel.

Editing.

See? Insane.

Join the party. Encourage my insanity, offer a cure, share your own writing woes... whatever. Just start talking so I know there is a reason I'm hearing these voices... :D

I'll have to join you as I'm in the same boat........ you edit one scene and realize that just screwed up something later in the book so you search for that scene. Edit, edit and more editing. Then you're stretching and something else pops into your head... so you're off to revise that chapter. I keep shifting sentences around too. What is up with that and why couldn't I get it right the first four times? ;) Ugh, it's never ending..............................so this is me encouraging your insanity! :D

Midnight Star
02-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Ah, I was driving myself crazy trying to revise and edit, too. Finally I just gave up and started all over again. I read through my old MS, made little notes and stored them in my computer, and now, as I start all over again, it's so much easier to fix everything. I don't have to search through the document to find what I want to fix, because it hasn't happened yet.

soapdish
02-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Ah, I was driving myself crazy trying to revise and edit, too. Finally I just gave up and started all over again. I read through my old MS, made little notes and stored them in my computer, and now, as I start all over again, it's so much easier to fix everything. I don't have to search through the document to find what I want to fix, because it hasn't happened yet.
Yep, doing this exact same thing. But it's still driving me crazy.

*hops on crazy wagon*

KellyAssauer
02-14-2010, 08:48 PM
You know that sound that you can make
when you put your lips together and then blow lightly
while rubbing your index finger back and forth across them.

How do you spell that?

Wayne K
02-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Speaking of crazy, where's teh bunny?

Regan Leigh
02-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I have just begun the madness.

**Fills cooler with ice and many many wine coolers.**

**buys Regan a wig and myself some fake nails**

I am a nail biter, you see.

Sweet. I bite my nails, too. Pink wig and blue nails, mmkay? Thanks.

They haven't taken me away, yet. Bwahahaha :D

... realized last night there might be a factual flaw in my recent work. After two hours of nerve-wracking research I found out there was one, but oddly that it made no difference.

Yes. I feel your pain. :)

I'll have to join you as I'm in the same boat........ you edit one scene and realize that just screwed up something later in the book so you search for that scene. Edit, edit and more editing. Then you're stretching and something else pops into your head... so you're off to revise that chapter. I keep shifting sentences around too. What is up with that and why couldn't I get it right the first four times? ;) Ugh, it's never ending..............................so this is me encouraging your insanity! :D

Encouragement appreciated! :D Would you like a wig?

Yes. *nods head furiously* :)

Yep, doing this exact same thing. But it's still driving me crazy.

*hops on crazy wagon*

Welcome. Have a peanut. We like nuts here. ;)

How do you spell that?

Perfect. Welcome, Kelly. ;)

Speaking of crazy, where's teh bunny?

Bring on the bunny. :)

semilargeintestine
02-14-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm starting three WIPs simultaneously that all require extensive research and different writing styles. Yay insanity.

Rowan
02-15-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm starting three WIPs simultaneously that all require extensive research and different writing styles. Yay insanity.

It's official... you've come off the rails. :D

aadams73
02-15-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm in editing mode. This means I'm sitting here braiding and unbraiding my hair endlessly.

If writing fails, I could fall back on hairdressing.

Xelebes
02-15-2010, 12:52 AM

How do you spell that?

Thwirble

At least that's how I spell it.

Rachel
02-15-2010, 03:09 AM
I'm in the middle of revision madness, so may I join you?

*pulls hair out*

Wayne K
02-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Race!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne K
02-15-2010, 03:11 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/21TdUKO2T4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/21TdUKO2T4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wayne K
02-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Is it faster to Chicago, or by bus?

Ken
02-15-2010, 03:23 AM
... *A round of hugs on me.*

Rachel
02-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Race!!!!!!!!!!

WAYNE!

You are looking very handsome lately.

Wayne K
02-15-2010, 03:26 AM
Not looking so bad yourself :D

Rachel
02-15-2010, 03:52 AM
It's the suit.

bettielee
02-15-2010, 04:19 AM
I have said it before.

I'll say it again.

We're all a little mad here. Especially that one.

Wayne K
02-15-2010, 05:35 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghz4_kikLkE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghz4_kikLkE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Regan Leigh
02-15-2010, 06:03 AM
I've bitten all my nails and now I've moved on to that skin on the side of my nail beds. Does that make me a cannibal?

aadams73
02-15-2010, 06:06 AM
I've bitten all my nails and now I've moved on to that skin on the side of my nail beds. Does that make me a cannibal?

Only if you put steak sauce on it.

soapdish
02-15-2010, 06:13 AM
I've bitten all my nails and now I've moved on to that skin on the side of my nail beds. Does that make me a cannibal?Yep.

I'll save you a seat in the Horror thread. :tongue

KellyAssauer
02-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Thwirble.

Thwirble.

Thwirble.

Regan Leigh
02-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Ha! Thwrible.

I don't use sauce, but man they're better after snacking on popcorn. ;)

Horror thread... I do have a Lit horror WIP idea. Don't remind me. It's awesome. BUt I must finish these edits first.

*I wonder if Ranch dressing really does go with everything...*

Regan Leigh
02-16-2010, 11:35 PM
I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I'm using it as an excuse to play scrabble instead of editing. Maybe my sanity will return briefly.

Is this how you spell lobotomy? I have three O's...

;)

writerterri
02-16-2010, 11:44 PM
I just read something I rewrote countless times. I just peeled myself off the floor after deflating like a balloon.

What's wrong with this computer!!!?

DL Hegel
02-17-2010, 01:00 AM

Editing.

See? Insane.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/27/128802611334804266.jpg

Regan Leigh
02-17-2010, 03:26 AM
Deflating balloons and paranoid kitties. Yes. Bring it.

;)

Ken
02-17-2010, 03:33 AM
... this will probably sound a bit odd, but I just realized that I could rearrange the order of my last two chpts and put the last one first and the second to last one last. Probably will take several stressful hours trying to figure out what I should do -- giving me a right to post here again ;-)

AuburnAssassin
02-17-2010, 03:35 AM
I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I'm using it as an excuse to play scrabble instead of editing. Maybe my sanity will return briefly.

Maybe that's nature's way of saying, "take a step back and just breathe for a bit." If you find yourself redoing the redo of the redo, it's time to no do...for a while anyway.

But I do feel your pain, am in the same boat right now with the edits but while I no longer hear my biological clock ticking, I hear my literary clock ticking. I'd like to live long enough to get at least one book published before dementia sets in. And I don't mean figurative insanity but the real "put me in a long-term memory care center" dementia brought on by advanced age.

bettielee
02-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Dementia? Hell, I'm counting on Dementia to help me write the next one.

Ken
02-17-2010, 04:07 PM
... can lend you some of mine if you like ;-)

Regan Leigh
02-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Maybe that's nature's way of saying, "take a step back and just breathe for a bit." If you find yourself redoing the redo of the redo, it's time to no do...for a while anyway.

But I do feel your pain, am in the same boat right now with the edits but while I no longer hear my biological clock ticking, I hear my literary clock ticking. I'd like to live long enough to get at least one book published before dementia sets in. And I don't mean figurative insanity but the real "put me in a long-term memory care center" dementia brought on by advanced age.

Literary clock. I like that. :) Should I say my "pens are drying up"? :D

Dementia? Hell, I'm counting on Dementia to help me write the next one.

Bwahaha... most confusing novel. EVER. :)

... can lend you some of mine if you like ;-)

Sanity? Yes, please. :)

Matera the Mad
02-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Let me know if you see my mind anywhere.

Regan Leigh
02-22-2010, 07:05 AM
It's crazy time tonight, folks. Editing commences in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Regan Leigh
03-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Um, this evening is especially crazy with my edits. Prepare for strange behavior and lots of hair pulling. Where did that wig go??

milly
03-22-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm ready to join...where do I sign?

Regan Leigh
03-22-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm ready to join...where do I sign?

You just need a vice or two... or three. No need to disclose. We'll trust you. ;)

*stamps your hand at the door*

milly
03-22-2010, 02:28 AM
SWEET...I'm in!!