Go insane with me. Really. Come join.

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
These edits are making me lose my mind this week.

Revise. Revise. Edit. Rearrange. Edit. Write a scene. Move the scene. Delete a scene. Edit. Revise. Revise. Rearrange. Go insane.

That's the pattern. I'm going to start losing hair or go blind. Really, I'm not being dramatic. I have insanity brought about by months of writing and revising a novel.

It's 3:30am here. I have to be up at 7:30am. What am I doing?

Editing.

See? Insane.

But I do like my WIP. Really. It's worth it to lose my mind over. Right?

Join the party. Encourage my insanity, offer a cure, share your own writing woes... whatever. Just start talking so I know there is a reason I'm hearing these voices... :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... realized last night there might be a factual flaw in my recent work. After two hours of nerve-wracking research I found out there was one, but oddly that it made no difference.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
These edits are making me lose my mind this week.

Revise. Revise. Edit. Rearrange. Edit. Write a scene. Move the scene. Delete a scene. Edit. Revise. Revise. Rearrange. Go insane.

That's the pattern. I'm going to start losing hair or go blind. Really, I'm not being dramatic. I have insanity brought about by months of writing and revising a novel.

It's 3:30am here. I have to be up at 7:30am. What am I doing?

Editing.

See? Insane.

But I do like my WIP. Really. It's worth it to lose my mind over. Right?

Join the party. Encourage my insanity, offer a cure, share your own writing woes... whatever. Just start talking so I know there is a reason I'm hearing these voices... :D

I'll have to join you as I'm in the same boat........ you edit one scene and realize that just screwed up something later in the book so you search for that scene. Edit, edit and more editing. Then you're stretching and something else pops into your head... so you're off to revise that chapter. I keep shifting sentences around too. What is up with that and why couldn't I get it right the first four times? ;) Ugh, it's never ending..............................so this is me encouraging your insanity! :D

Midnight Star

We are once in a lifetime.
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I was driving myself crazy trying to revise and edit, too. Finally I just gave up and started all over again. I read through my old MS, made little notes and stored them in my computer, and now, as I start all over again, it's so much easier to fix everything. I don't have to search through the document to find what I want to fix, because it hasn't happened yet.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Ah, I was driving myself crazy trying to revise and edit, too. Finally I just gave up and started all over again. I read through my old MS, made little notes and stored them in my computer, and now, as I start all over again, it's so much easier to fix everything. I don't have to search through the document to find what I want to fix, because it hasn't happened yet.
Yep, doing this exact same thing. But it's still driving me crazy.

*hops on crazy wagon*

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
You know that sound that you can make
when you put your lips together and then blow lightly
while rubbing your index finger back and forth across them.

How do you spell that?

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
I have just begun the madness.

**Fills cooler with ice and many many wine coolers.**

**buys Regan a wig and myself some fake nails**

I am a nail biter, you see.

Sweet. I bite my nails, too. Pink wig and blue nails, mmkay? Thanks.

They haven't taken me away, yet. Bwahahaha :D

... realized last night there might be a factual flaw in my recent work. After two hours of nerve-wracking research I found out there was one, but oddly that it made no difference.

Yes. I feel your pain. :)

I'll have to join you as I'm in the same boat........ you edit one scene and realize that just screwed up something later in the book so you search for that scene. Edit, edit and more editing. Then you're stretching and something else pops into your head... so you're off to revise that chapter. I keep shifting sentences around too. What is up with that and why couldn't I get it right the first four times? ;) Ugh, it's never ending..............................so this is me encouraging your insanity! :D

Encouragement appreciated! :D Would you like a wig?

Yes. *nods head furiously* :)

Yep, doing this exact same thing. But it's still driving me crazy.

*hops on crazy wagon*

Welcome. Have a peanut. We like nuts here. ;)

How do you spell that?

Perfect. Welcome, Kelly. ;)

Speaking of crazy, where's teh bunny?

Bring on the bunny. :)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting three WIPs simultaneously that all require extensive research and different writing styles. Yay insanity.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in editing mode. This means I'm sitting here braiding and unbraiding my hair endlessly.

If writing fails, I could fall back on hairdressing.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

How do you spell that?

Thwirble

At least that's how I spell it.

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of revision madness, so may I join you?

*pulls hair out*

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
I've bitten all my nails and now I've moved on to that skin on the side of my nail beds. Does that make me a cannibal?