PDA

View Full Version : Hold up...wait a minute

mellymel
02-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Okay, not sure where to put this but...

I was updating my signature and when I clicked submit, it opened a page with comments from people. I had never seen these before and feel terrible that people have been writing me these little messages without me responding. Didn't even know I could do that! How the heck to I do that and where do I go to access them again?

Thanks!

MacAllister
02-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Heh. There's that inevitable moment when a new user finds her rep comments...

Sage
02-14-2010, 05:28 AM
They were probably your Reputation points in the User CP (look up at the blue bar at the top and you can find the link). There are also possibly some messages for you in your profile (Visitor messages).

In your user CP, you can also find threads that you subscribe to (I love subscribing to my fave threads).

To give rep points, look under a AWer's user name and av, and at the bottom of that column, there's a symbol that looks like a scale. Click on it and you can "approve" the thread and leave a message.

And now I will port this over to FAQ ;)

Rowan
02-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Okay, not sure where to put this but...

I was updating my signature and when I clicked submit, it opened a page with comments from people. I had never seen these before and feel terrible that people have been writing me these little messages without me responding. Didn't even know I could do that! How the heck to I do that and where do I go to access them again?

Thanks!

Check out this recent thread :) : http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170971 IdiotsRUs explains it very well!

mellymel
02-17-2010, 03:44 AM
Thanks guys. Getting it all sorted out and catching up on comments.

Wayne K
02-17-2010, 03:48 AM
And, don't let these people convince you that reps are meaningless. I'm saving mine up for a toaster oven :D

poetinahat
02-17-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm saving mine up for a toaster oven :D
Mmm... baked toaster...

Wayne K
02-17-2010, 03:51 AM
It was that or the porcelain dalmatian

alleycat
02-17-2010, 03:52 AM
And, don't let these people convince you that reps are meaningless. I'm saving mine up for a toaster oven :D
Susie bought a Ferrari with hers.

jvc
02-17-2010, 03:55 AM
I need five more and I can get a fridge magnet :D

alleycat
02-17-2010, 04:03 AM
I need five more and I can get a fridge magnet :D
I got a book of matches with a PublishAmerica logo . . .

It's pretty nice actually, I can fill out the inside of the cover and get my book published!

mellymel
02-17-2010, 04:43 AM
haha...you guys are crazy.

How many points do I need to earn to get a life size poster of that True Blood dude in Rowan's siggy? Yum freakin Oh.