Anne Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novella

Registered
Reaction score
I love her writting. But ive only read a few. what are ur fav books by her?

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
I've read the entire Vampire Chronicle series, as well as the Lives of the Mayfair Witches series. I love 'em. While IWTV was for a very long time my favorite book of hers, it changed to The Vampire Armand the first time I ever read that book. Of course, he is my all-time favorite Rice character. I love him best out of all her vamps and witches so it's cool to have his story in a book. :)

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
Armand is my favourite character too, and i was so disappointed when Antonio Banderas played him in the film version. Armand was supposed to be 17, not 37 :(

I did think the books got progressively worse after Armand though, particularly Merrick which I could barely finish and I still can’t bring myself to read Blood Canticle because from what I’ve heard there is nothing left of the real Lestat in that novel.

I’ve the read Mayfair Witches series, but couldn’t really get into them as I did with the Vampire Chronicles, but I think my favourite Anne Rice book of all time has to be Cry to Heaven.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
I've read all of her stuff except for her new one which is sitting on my desk at home. I love the Mayfair witches series the most I think. As for individual books, I've read Cry to Heaven about four times. I also really loved her new books about Jesus's early life. I'm not religious - I just bought them because I love her as an author and I wasn't disappointed. Don't count them out.

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
It's too late for me. After what she did to those final VC novels, I don't think I'll ever pick up another of her books. I now read her son instead. He's great :)

Reaction score
I've read IWTV around three times and once for The Vampire Lestat, Cry to Heaven, The Mummy, Armand and Pandora.

Love, love, love IWTV, liked CTH and TM, 'meh' to the others.

I'm just waiting for her to freak out on the 'tubes again. No-one does batshit mental like Anne Rice.

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
Armand is my favourite character too, and i was so disappointed when Antonio Banderas played him in the film version. Armand was supposed to be 17, not 37 :(
HA! I know exactly what you mean. I'm sure they could have found someone much better to play that role, but for some reason they didn't.

In regards to Blood Canticle, I don't suggest reading it if 1) you don't approve of/like the way Lestat is transforming. (Personally I don't but I still read the book.), and 2) if you're not at least remotely interested in the Witch series as it ties up the loose ends for that set of books as well. All that being said, I didn't really mind BC so much. Not one of her best, but at that point she was tired of writing about the vamps so I don't think she made it as good as she could have. Then again, what the hell do I know? It's not like I have a book published. :D

If you haven't had the chance to read Blood and Gold you should read that one, IMHO anyway. It's dealing with Marius and you get a little bit more info on Armand as well (which I adore). Albeit, not a whole lot more, just from a different perspective. I do like Marius' story though, particularly the whole "Those Who Must Be Kept" details which we never had before.

Have I rambled enough yet? I think I'm done for one day. :)

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
If you haven't had the chance to read Blood and Gold you should read that one, IMHO anyway. It's dealing with Marius and you get a little bit more info on Armand as well (which I adore). Albeit, not a whole lot more, just from a different perspective. I do like Marius' story though, particularly the whole "Those Who Must Be Kept" details which we never had before.

I've read Blood and Gold, and although i enjoyed it I could already tell things were already on the slide. I have the whole set of VCs and bought Blood Canticle from a charity shop ages ago just to complete the set. I read the first page and wondered what the hell had happened to Lestat. It reads like very bad fan fic. I spent years loving these characters only for her to go crap on them from a great height, feels that way to me anyway :(

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
I liked the Vampire Chronicles when I read them. Re-read IWTV a few months ago and found it harder to get into. My favorite of hers is The Feast of All Saints.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
It's too late for me. After what she did to those final VC novels, I don't think I'll ever pick up another of her books. I now read her son instead. He's great :)

I read one of his books and I have to say that I was impressed - didn't expect to be. Plus, he's kinda cute. :)

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
Cute indeed ;) Plus he can actually write, which is always a good sign.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE her. I am a diehard AR fan.

Interview With The Vampire,The Vampire Lestat,and Queen Of The Damned is the best vampire trilogy ever. At least for me,they are. The others in the VC did nothing for me.

I adored The Witching Hour as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.