Thinking about Valentine Gifts!

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
My husband, trying to be thoughtful, got early V-day gifts: red celophane wrapped drug store chocolates for me and the princess...and a drug store rose which lost all of its leaves when removed from the package.

This is pretty standard V-day fare around here. Hey, chocolate is chocolate and a rose is a rose...even if it spontaneously combusts...

:D

I'll definitely agree with the other gifts though: nothing sharp, no self-help, and definitely no Richard Simons tapes...that's just wrooooooooooooooooong.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I bought my partner a knife last year for V-Day...cooking is her main hobby and she really needed a new sharp chef knife. She uses it literally every single day--I don't really think it's a bad gift.

Also, office supplies? Me and plenty of other AWers would be super excited to get nice notebooks, pens, folders, and other organizational goodness from the office supply store.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Actually, my husband has on many occasions gotten me office supplies. Man, Staples is like a candy store for me. So, if he were to go with the contemporary wisdom and waste money on some useless rock and metal combo (jewelry) instead of actually listening to my interests (writing!!) he'd have a rather disappointed wife.

But then again, these lists are intended to be generic. Instead of 20 items, there should just be one-- if you can't think of a gift your partner would truly want and be interested in, then you need to spend some more time with them, truly LISTENING to their interests, desires, and wishes.

Though, I agree that the Alcatraz visit might be cool. Well, for someone who's overactive imagination is best kept away from fertile situations like that. (It's good for being a writer... bad for sleeping at night.)

The thought only counts when it shows that you were thinking about the person receiving the gift.

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
Dammit. I KNEW I shouldn't look. I KNEW it. Because I know something I'm getting soon. It's not quite a Valentine's Day gift, but that's likely for another reason.

Anyway, sure enough, I'm getting something from that list...

Last edited: