Lesbian Vampire Killers - renamed in the States?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Am I right in thinking the Lesbian has been dropped from Lesbian Vampire Killers in the States? That's just :crazy:

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I think the bigger question is: Will anyone in the States bother to go and see it? :)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Surely removing lesbian from the title defeats the whole point of the film. In any case, since when did lesbian become an offensive word - which is reason I assume it was removed?

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Gavin and Stacey and I don't want to see it. I don't know if Gavin and Stacey is shown in the States, and if even that can't inspire me, I don't know what would persuade someone who doesn't know them from Adam to go and see it, regardless of what its title is. But lesbian isn't and shouldn't be an offensive term as far as I'm concerned, and if that's why they've changed it, it's stupid.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Shaun of the Dead didn't TRY to be clever. It WAS clever.

Also, I would totally go and see a film called Lesbian Vampire Killers.

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
Okay, just to be clear...

I love vampire movies. Just visit my blog if you don't believe me. Among my favorite films of all time are Let The Right One In and Shadow of the Vampire as well as Interview With The Vampire. I collect vampire films. I'm writing a vampire novel and co-creating a web series about (you guessed it) vampires!

And btw, I own The Vampire Lovers. Among my favorite novels is Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and I will heartily recommend Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit as well as Bound to absolutely everyone. My fave relationship on Buffy? Willow/Tara. I even wanted to see Jenny and Shane get together on The L Word.

As far as this AW poster is concerned LESBIAN + VAMPIRE = YUMMY GOODNESS.

And the film Lesbian Vampire Killers? Total, unredeemable, unfunny and boring buffalo droppings. With a few beautifully photographed bits here and there, each less than a minute in length.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Hey, Shaun of the Dead didn't TRY to be clever. It WAS clever.

Fair point. I stand corrected.

As for LVK, if you're familiar with the campy Hammer Horrors from the 70s (the ones with buxom serving wenches for no reason other than the audience wanted to see big tits), you'll appreciate this more simply because it's just an updated and over the top version of those films.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Gavin and Stacey and I don't want to see it. I don't know if Gavin and Stacey is shown in the States, and if even that can't inspire me, I don't know what would persuade someone who doesn't know them from Adam to go and see it, regardless of what its title is. But lesbian isn't and shouldn't be an offensive term as far as I'm concerned, and if that's why they've changed it, it's stupid.

They did show Gavin and Stacey on BBC America. I love it, but more for my love of Ruth Jones, and the good writing, than for James Corden.

With a name like that, no one's supposed to take the movie se3riously at all, are they?

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
At least the new title is less grammatically ambiguous. I mean, are they vampire killers who happen to be lesbians, or are they vampire killers who strictly kill only lesbian vampires?

Perhaps it's both, just like Blacula, Blackenstein and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Black.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
That's bizarre to me. A few years ago, the Charles Busch play "Vampire Lesbians of Sodom" was a huge underground theatrical hit. A theater I was involved with ran the show in a special four month, late night weekends only run--kind of like "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and those shows were always overbooked. We had people sitting on the floor in front of the apron.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Should be re-named 'Heap O' Crap, Get Your Money Back'. Grump, grump.