John Mayer's N-Word Pass and David Duke Penis. (Language Warning)

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope...I really truly and sincerely hope John Mayer was high or drunk on his ass when he gave this interview to Playboy.

Because if he's sober and serious, he's got a beatdown of Michael Richards proportions coming his way.

PLAYBOY: If you didn’t know you, would you think you’re a douche bag?

MAYER: It depends on what I picked up. My two biggest hits are “Your Body Is a Wonderland” and “Daughters.” If you think those songs are pandering, then you’ll think I’m a douche bag. It’s like I come on very strong. I am a very…I’m just very. V-E-R-Y. And if you can’t handle very, then I’m a douche bag. But I think the world needs a little very. That’s why black people love me.

PLAYBOY: Because you’re very?

MAYER: Someone asked me the other day, “What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?” And by the way, it’s sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a nigger pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.’"

PLAYBOY: It is true; a lot of rappers love you. You recorded with Common and Kanye West, played live with Jay-Z.

MAYER: What is being black? It’s making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that’s seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you’ll die inside. Not to say that my struggle is like the collective struggle of black America. But maybe my struggle is similar to one black dude’s.

PLAYBOY: Do black women throw themselves at you?

MAYER: I don’t think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I’ve got a Benetton heart and a fuckin’ David Duke cock. I’m going to start dating separately from my dick.

PLAYBOY: Let’s put some names out there. Let’s get specific.

MAYER: I always thought Holly Robinson Peete was gorgeous. Every white dude loved Hilary from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. And Kerry Washington. She’s superhot, and she’s also white-girl crazy. Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she’d be like, “Yeah, I sucked his dick. Whatever.” And you’d be like, “What? We weren’t talking about that.” That’s what “Heartbreak Warfare” is all about, when a girl uses jealousy as a tactic.

Personally, I don't care who John Mayer bangs. I just can't stand these hipster White guys who think because they have a little juice with Black people that gives them a free pass to say whatever ignorant, racist, sexist and stupid shit that comes out their mouth.

What's the over/under for how long it takes Mayer to pull his foot out of his mouth and issue some half-assed public "apology?" I give him two days max.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That's what he said?! I saw a note that he'd been falling all over himself apologizing on Twitter, but it didn't quite say what for.

What a shithead. Too cool by half, or so he thinks.

ETA - here's the CNN clip - http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/10/john-mayer-has-some-regrets/

He's always reminded me of a bloated Orlando Bloom with a reduced IQ. Now I know that he's all that and a bag of jackass.

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Jaw:

ETA: What a sleaze.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
His "struggle"? Jeez.

It's not so much racism that jumps out at me here - it's misogyny. And that doesn't seem to register at all with him. Either he's posing, or he's despicable in a number of ways. Or, of course, this was all "out of context".

What are the odds that, when he gets called on this rubbish, he shouts, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!"

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You go, Deacon Blues.

*terrorist fist-pump*

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That whole interview is infuriating. What a windbag. He keeps playing up the fact that he's "just 32" but he gasses like a senile dementia patient.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Well okay, then.

*goes back to groovin' on Steely Dan*

John Mayer fits in with this crowd:

"They got the shapely bodies,
They got the Steely Dan t-shirt,
And for the coup-de-grace,
They're outrageous,
Oh, Honey, let me tell you,

When the poor people sleeping
With the shade on the light,
When the poor people sleeping,
All the stars come out at night."

caw

Because.

told before & told again
Registered
Reaction score
So singing about getting high, hooking up with a few Hollywood girls and recording songs with Black artists gives you free rein to be make sexist and racist remarks. And ugh. His struggle?
He's disgusting.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I should have gone with the under. From Twitter:

"Re: using the 'N word' in an interview: I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself. It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

"And while I'm using today for looking at myself under harsh light, I think it's time to stop trying to be so raw in interviews...It started as an attempt to not let the waves of criticism get to me, but it's gotten out of hand and I've created somewhat of a monster. I wanted to be a blues guitar player. And a singer. And a songwriter. Not a shock jock. I don't have the stomach for it. Again, because I don't want anyone to think I'm equivocating: I should have never said the word and I will never say it again."

Congrats, Johnny-boy. You ARE a real douche.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
What a wanker.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I had no idea he was a douchebag, actually. But man is he a douchebag. He was kinda vile in that interview.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to wonder whether the "raw" pose was his doing, or whether his marketing team put him up to it - like putting Donny Osmond in shades and a leather jacket.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to wonder whether the "raw" pose was his doing, or whether his marketing team put him up to it - like putting Donny Osmond in shades and a leather jacket.

:roll: :ROFL:

Oh yes.

And that "apology" sounds like it's straight out of the PR "I Screwed The Pooch, Now What Do I DO?" playbook.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He's just a narcisistic, loony dude who LOVES hearing himself talk and thought he was sounding cool in a "I got street cred" way.

I don't even understand what the hell he is trying to say, but whatever it is it's a far cry from what Michael Richards or Mel Gibson did.

He just needs to shut up already and go back to trying to write some good songs.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He keeps playing up the fact that he's "just 32" but he gasses like a senile dementia patient.
Maybe he shoulda died before he got old.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
And not that it would be any skin off her nose, but reading that interview makes me think less of Jennifer Aniston. You'd have to be some sort of hard up or dim to stake your hope on a vacant lot like John Mayer.

Jessica Simpson has publicly come to terms with her lack of intelligence, so she gets a pass.

Aquarius

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care who John Mayer bangs. I just can't stand these hipster White guys who think because they have a little juice with Black people that gives them a free pass to say whatever ignorant, racist, sexist and stupid shit that comes out their mouth.

Agreed. He's just a pure, ignorant jackass and I really hope that they are tearing him apart on Twitter and elsewhere.

I would hope that it would affect his music career but at the moment, I'm cynical enough to believe that the whole thing will just blow over in a week or two with whatever half-assed apology he comes up with and no lasting effects even noticed.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, if Chris Brown's career can recover from the fallout after beating the snot out of Rihanna, then there's little hope that John Mayer will sink simply because he's an asshole.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I notice Mr. Mayer didn't apologize to Miss Simpson and Miss Aniston for putting their business out in the street or suggesting Kerry Washington provide him with oral favors.

I give Mayer credit for one thing. He found a way to offend almost everyone. He probably likes to relax by kicking puppies.

You just don't see this kind of dickery taken to such a high level. Or is that a new low?