It's that time again.....

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWendy%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Well boys and girls, it’s that time again. When was the last time…or for that matter, the first time you sent in some bucks to Absolute Write to help with the up keep of this site? The band width alone to contain all the information on this forum is not free and Mac never asks or pesters us for any help. Please consider going to paypal and dropping a few bucks in the till. (The link is at the top of the page.)

<o:p> </o:p>
For many of you the amount of time you spend here really adds up. (I’ve seen some of you with your sleeping bags. I’ve even tripped over several of you in the hallway.) If everyone could send in a little it would really help considering the size of the membership. Some can not afford a lot while others can afford more. Remember, it all balances out in the end.
So, get out and make me proud. Hugs to you all. :D

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OH, I DID! I DID!

Why? Because this place is cheaper than therapy. That's why.

Pony up, kids. If this site goes under I'll have to go inpatient.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I only recently learned that you can give a small amount of money, but the wife and me are getting to the end of the month lately, and we don't know whether to spend that money on gas or food.

I'll make you proud when I have it though, I promise.

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Great Kay....;)

Wayne....I'm sure that whenever and whatever you do will be just fine. :D

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Count me in for some $$... just don't count me yet. My last $$ for the week are dedicated to assisting the school valentine's parties w/ supplies. But, come the next payday... I'll put in my two bits.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
You do also get a bigger PM box and a couple of other perks for your voluntary subscription. And we really do keep the lights on here with member-donations - so I deeply appreciate each and every one of you. You guys are what make AW such an amazing place.

We've always known that sometimes the extra few bucks just aren't there to kick into the kitty -- heck, I've done that same "do I eat this week or do I put gas in the jeep?" budget balancing. So please, don't anyone short yourselves, either.

And CactusWendy? :bighug:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For us Luddites who don't have PayPal, if you PM Mac she will tell you where to send your check or money order. (Just remember, you should call before dropping by.)

And seriously, if many of us on a tight budget can swing even a small amount, it adds up and really, really helps.

Maryn, well overdue for ponying up a fair share

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy to :) I'd go :crazy: if this place went away!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For many of you the amount of time you spend here really adds up. (I’ve seen some of you with your sleeping bags. I’ve even tripped over several of you in the hallway.)

You know, if you'd open your eyes and drink a little less, you'd probably stumble less, too. :wag:

Though I second the sentiment. This place is like my local NPR only without the annoying pledge drives...

Although.... :idea:

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs and smooches to you guys. Mac...some neat perks....woot!

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
This place has educated me on so much and I'm more than happy to kick in some moola. (And since I just got my tax return, I actually have it to give.) As soon as I send it over to paypal this afternoon, Mac, you'll have it. I love this place so much it's like my second home. I can certainly pay my rent and my portion of the power bill.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tanks for the reminder :poke:

I shall govern myself accordingly.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I donate twice, can I have a bumper sticker? I'm really only here for the stickers.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
If I pay, can I be unbannable?

And if I get banned, do I get my cash back?

I would love to let my TRUE self show!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I pay more than Lucid, can I have him banned at my leisure? I'll pay triple if I can get that nuke button feature. :D

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Do I sense a bidding war in the offing? :D

I'm expecting some extra cash soon--when it comes in, some of it will come your way, Mac.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
** Wondering what I get if I send Chocolate? **

Bump! :D

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs to all of you. Ah, about the 'extra' goodies.....I get the chocolate, send the booze to Mac and as for the banning....we can always flip a quarter on that. ;)

(This is why I miss all the neat auctions we use to have.)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
SK sends a get out of jail free card
A case of beer gets you two cards.

(...I miss all the neat auctions we use to have.)
I miss those also. They were a lot of fun to watch and be involved in, and folks really enjoyed offering and buying items to help support the site. Sadly, from what I recall, the auctions were discontinued due to some accounting issues that had a negative impact on the income that was generated. Or something like that.

I've always thought that if active members each donated even a small amount to AW, say one dollar per month, that it would help to relieve some of the more pressing financial burdens the site owner experiences. And most of us can afford twelve bucks per year. Heck, I spent more than that on lunch this afternoon with nothing to show for it now except some cramping that I hope will pass soon.