• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

reader for a historical jewel heist story

Status
Not open for further replies.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I've posted about this before, but it's been several months. I had a wonderful beta reader go over the story but feel nervous about starting the querying process without getting another set of eyes or two to look at it.

I'm really just looking for someone to give me general impressions: was the plot easy enough to follow, did it start strongly enough, etc.? No detailed knowledge about history is necessary.

The story, in a nutshell, is: An 18th century Parisian prostitute gets caught up in a plot to steal the world's most expensive necklace from one of France's most important men. At first, she is kept in the dark, but piece by piece she puts together what's happening and the role she played in it all. This is all based on the Affair of the Diamond Necklace, a true event that rocked the French monarchy a few years before the Revolution broke out.

So--any takers?

Phineas

The woods are lovely
Registered
Reaction score
I would love to read it. It sounds very interesting and the type of book i would buy if i came across it in the store.

I'm also seeking a Beta for a mystery/suspense novel. Its about 41K. If you dont have time to read mine thats fine, i would still love to read yours. PM me if your interested and let me know if you want to swap or just send me yours.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
sounds interesting.. I would not mind reading it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.