• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing partner for witty, first person, SF/F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalula88

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I am looking for someone who would be interested in swapping critiques, as well as just chat/email casually about writing concepts, ideas, brainstorming, etc. Someone to hold me accountable for writing and someone I can do the same for. :)

I am working on a SF/F set in present day. No vampires, werewolves, witches, wizards, spaceships, or anything along those lines. It is written in first person (I prefer if you are a fan of this pov) and is NOT a YA.

It is told from the perspective of an eleven year old girl, but features many other characters. There is no romance/sex.

There is a LOT of foul language. However, the majority of it is joke-y language and nothing goes beyond the "F word". Still, probably not a read for anyone who hates language.

I can help with just about any genre of work. I am a very honest (sometimes brutally) critic. I'm good with picking out flaws in work and offering solutions.

I'm looking for a partner who is going to proofread before sending work for critique and who has a good grasp of story structure, grammar, etc.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

bigb

Gun in Mouth Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I would possibly be interested. I'm not sure how it would work simply because I'm not very educated. I am about 7000 words in my novel. Its violent and full of laguage some of which offensive. I will try your patience simply because I'm not great at punc and grammar. I suggest you read some post and see. Heres 2 links

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170101

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170754

chapter 3 is completely rewritten now

Its all good either way

peace

Snivscriv

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be happy to swap critiques. I have a contemporary fantasy novel almost ready to self-publish. It's about 105K words and it is the story of a young woman just out of college who moves to Boulder, CO because she loves the mountains. She discovers that she has magical powers, and she meets a number of other magicians in Boulder that help her fight dark magicians. It's a fairly lighthearted story written in 3rd person limited, and there aren't any vampires, werewolves, dragons, or other magical creatures. There is a fair amount of romance and some sex, but little in the way of actual description of lovemaking. I've hopefully caught most of the typos and internal inconsistency problems by now, but you may disagree. Let me know if you're interested.

Other

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to find a writing friend who will help me keep motivated, and who I can motivate as well.

I don't mind strong language.

I'll PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.