PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Mentor/Writing Buddy?

Spacepirate
02-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Now doesn't this title just sound like it should be on a dating site...

Anyway, yeah, I'm kinda new to all this and wondering.... How do I even ask for one? This is embarrassing.

I write practically all genre's (well, I try) and primarily short stories. I've attempted novels as well though. The problem with me is just I'm lazy and so I do need lots of motivation to get anything done and since no one around me has any interest in reading/writing, I'm slightly on my own right now...

Yeah.

Thanks for reading this. :D

Annayna
02-08-2010, 04:04 AM
You sound a lot like my best friend. She loves to write and talk to me about long ideas but cant really sit down and write anything long unless Im sitting there helping her and keeping her on her toes. Its not laziness, I think its motivation :D

writerboyontour
02-09-2010, 05:31 AM
Hmmm. I am looking for the same thing. Do you have anything written now that I can read?
Would you be interested in reading me and then swapping ideas? I am always looking for more opinions and help so if you want this to be a two-way street then I may be interested.

alecya_giovanni
02-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Hi, looks like I can't send you a PM so I'll talk to you from here.

you can email me if you like, and we can talk about what you're wanting/needing and go from there. I have a fantastic Beta, but you can never have too much encouragement.

alecya_giovanni@hotmail.com

be sure to put "writerboy from AW" in the tag or I'll think you are spam.

Other
02-11-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm also looking for a writing mentor/buddy/beta reader. Look over some of my posts and see what you think. I have a short story in the SYW section under horror, called "Vampiric Birth." If you think we may mesh, give me a PM.

Taylor_Writes
02-13-2010, 03:54 AM
I'll be glad to help. I kinda need something to write, and a writing buddy would be perfect!! Just pm me if you are interested or whatever.....

Treyfan
02-13-2010, 08:38 AM
If anyone wants another beta, just shoot me a PM or email. I like doing beta-reads.

:)

tkturner.writer@gmail.com

Put "beta" in the title.

dviz9377
02-13-2010, 11:14 PM
yeah I'm looking for a writing partner as well - well more of a mentor really. I'm slowly working on a fantasy novel that I could really use some input on, as well as a bunch of short stories that I really cant classify in terms of genre (they are all pretty dark, dealing with subjects like suicide, murder, etc.)

I'm really flexible and I have A TON of time on my hands.

Edit: dviz9377@gmail.com otherwise just PM me

Other
02-14-2010, 10:40 PM
People can read my seeking a buddy post here;
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170379

If interested send me a PM or email @ norby678@yahoo.com

simplyaven
03-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I definitely need a mentor too. My novel is finished but I've been struggling to edit it for months. I am non native speaker and I'm never sure where I'm right or wrong, or I already lost my clear sight. I know it can become better, I'm positive about it but I need someone more experienced to shed some light where to touch and how to touch it. The novel is mainstream women's fiction or mystical romance if you prefer although it goes beyond the typical romance. I will appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance!