Okay, clue me in.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Who me?

aspier said:
A poem this? Oeee poetry's changed a lot since I wrote poetry!

I'm a poet wannabe? Maybe poetry has changed, but you can't blame the whole Genre for what I'm getting away with. :)

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
aspier said:
Wink! I like that! Actually I too am a wannabe ... just feet stuck in the mud.

No, you are a right-brained genius. I'm a right-brained genius wannabe.
But at least I still have all my ears.
Okay, that's a bit dry, but I figure you'll get it.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
aspier said:
Smile! You got any poetry? I'd love to read some. But say, I don't hear so well since I had posted in this thread ... oh that's why!

My dear artist, you must not sacrifice any more body parts for your craft. It simply isn't necessary in these times.

I have no poems to speak of. I used to write songs, and I've written some stories. I'm drawn to the poetry threads because I've just seen a raw depth in poetry, and also I find poets are generally a forgiving breed as compared to other writing formats. "That's not how I would have begun the story!"

And songs are different all together. If you have great music, you can get away with virtually any combination of words imaginable. You can say "Baby baby baby," and throw a good melody behind it, and everyone thinks it's the greatest string of words ever put together.

Well, I say a forgiving breed, because I think poets are generally tortured souls, so they don't eat their own kind, because they've sort of been there, had that done to them, didn't like it very much.

Then again, I can't say. They could be quietly muttering under their breath, "Nate sucks...pull the plug," but still, they keep it to themselves.