PC Gamer's Top Hundred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Final Fantasy didn't even make the list? Any of them? Hello??? This reminds me why I never bought a PC Gamer mag. You know, back when I was a gamer...

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Final Fantasy didn't even make the list? Any of them? Hello??? This reminds me why I never bought a PC Gamer mag. You know, back when I was a gamer...

Meh, haven't played computer games since The Sims 2.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. I thought Deus Ex was so overrated after playing through like half of it last year.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score

That's cause...those have been and always will be console games. <shrugs>

Tomothy_Mayhem

Holy Emperor of the Imperium
Registered
Reaction score
Deus Ex is above all other FPSs for Plot (I was going to get a bit carried away and say "above all other games" but then I remembered Planescape), while the shooting mechanics seem a bit aged (like System Shock 2) that may just be because I'm used to clean animations and better balancing.

While most of Deus Ex was clean as a whistle, a re-make would be good, better animations and cleaner movement please :)

But still deserving of the number 1 position.

-Tom

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Deus Ex is above all other FPSs for Plot (I was going to get a bit carried away and say "above all other games" but then I remembered Planescape), while the shooting mechanics seem a bit aged (like System Shock 2) that may just be because I'm used to clean animations and better balancing.

At the time it came out Deus Ex was amazing. The multiple pathways through a lot of the game helped. Want to play it sneaky? Fine, use the passageways to hide in the shadows for stealth kills. Want to go in guns blazing? Equally as do-able. And the multiple endings were better than they had any right to be.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Deus Ex is still my favourite game of all time. I'm getting an urge to replay it for umpteenth time now. :D

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
R:TW was an okay game, the best of the TW series, but I don't think it deserves such a high ranking. SS2 should be higher. Deus Ex lower, but only a few clicks. Oblivion and Fallout 3 both lower due to Bethesda's peculiar weaknesses. WoW has to be higher by any criteria, possibly #1. Longest Journey or Grim Fandango should be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.