Sydney - finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nearly five years in the making, the first Sydney meet and greet event was a raging success - both of the members agreed!

I met up with Meaney, a most excellent, intelligent and discerning bloke, at a pub just north of the Harbour Bridge and had a long, long chat over several cleansing beverages. Much - both writing and otherwise - was discussed, much common ground...er, found.

There will be repeat events; next time, we may even incorporate food. How good it is to be able to have the in-the-flesh fellowship of AW extend to our end of the world.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent! Writing is such an alone thing that it does me a lot of good to spend time with people who get that.

Next time, please let me know in advance and I shall arrange to have a cardboard cut-out of myself (minus a few pounds and years) in place. Buy it a drink and flirt with it just a little, okay?

I'm glad you had a good meeting. I've met up with friends here twice and am planning a third gathering.

Maryn, slightly less shallow than her cut-out

timewaster

present
Registered
Reaction score
Ah missed you! I was in Sydney visiting family over Xmas. What a great place to be a writer!

Status
Not open for further replies.