PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Specific Questions

Brad
02-04-2010, 05:51 AM
My blog is in my signature. I am wondering if I can get some opinions on the choice of vocabulary and the length of posts. As I mentioned in the main forum, the site uses amazing facts to demonstrate the meaning of vocabulary words.

The words I've used so far are: exorbitant, affluent, minify, verdant, indelible, polyglot, abscond, voracious, leviathon, gustatory, munificent, and diaphanous.

Some pending words are: unfledged, attenuated, profligate, sonorous, beguile, and salutary.

Would you say these words are too difficult, too easy, or just right for the general reader? I know I can't satisfy everyone, but I am trying to stretch most personal lexicons without using ridiculously obscure words.

And post length? A little bit of a drone, not quite enough info, or just right? Thanks.

veinglory
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
It seemed good to me. I knew most fo the words but not all of them. I think it could be more interesting if you got more into the tymology. And using a chocolate example of nonpareil might be confusing when the word also refers to a type of chocolate.

Angela_785
02-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I didn't have an issues in reading it--I think you do a good job showing what the word means through context and then pairing it with the definitions.