Ack! I just got an artist's confirmation for a festival...

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
I had politely declined because my health has been so nuts with this pregnancy. I just didn't see how I could do a street painting festival. I'm not even sure how big of a mural space I'm signed up for....

I don't want to back out, though. I doubt I'd get the ok from my docs to go color the asphalt for 2 days in a row.

I'll feel guilty if I don't go, depressed, too, because I love street painting so much and some of our friends will be there.

Of course, I think I must be missing some important brain cells to think this because I've been losing dinner every night this week so far and coughing out a lung every now n' again in addition to everything else.

Ah well, screw it. I'm going for it. I'll just get the boys in on it. My oldest has helped out before and my younger guy luuuuuuuuuuvres art so I'll get him going, too. It's in the first week of March. So, well, we'll figure it out and MAKE it work. With crooked stick and a lot of willpower...

ad_lucem

Registered
Reaction score

Thanks, I'm still surprised we're on the list of participants. I guess they didn't recall my message saying we'd be skipping this year.

But, I take it as good luck for us. I'd been pouting about sitting out for a while. There's another one in the northern part of the state that we'll be sitting out for, as is. We have friends going to that one, too.

I'm still not sure how we'll pull it off, but I'm stoked. There's nothing so fun as a street painting festival and the people are awesome.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
This may be what you need to get your health back on track, too--something positive!

Good luck to you! (And take pictures for us. :tongue)

ad_lucem

Registered
Reaction score
This may be what you need to get your health back on track, too--something positive!

Good luck to you! (And take pictures for us. :tongue)

Thanks! Actually, my health will be back on track after about April 12th, 2010. :D

I know the cure for what ails me: not being pregnant anymore or ever again. ;)

But, it's nice to have the festival to look foreward to when I wasn't expecting it. Definitely qualifies as a bright point in a humdrum week.

I'll rest up, get the kids in on the work, and take lots of breaks. On the bright side, the weather should be good for this one. The last two we've done were in 80-90+ degree weather.