• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

writing buddy wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other

Registered
Reaction score
Although I already write 5 or 6 days a week I am seeking someone to help keep me motivated so I can move my story along.

When I was in Junior High I had a best friend who also wrote. We read our writing to each other, gave critiques, and talked every day about our ideas and stories. Having such a constant sounding board for my work (and one who bugged me for new material) lead to me writing prolifically and almost compulsively. Ideally I would love something like that again. Finding the right match is imperative.

I am 30 and have been writing for 19 years, so I kind of have the hang of it. I have a few published poems, but now I'm almost exclusively working on novels. I'm mainly interested in contemporary supernatural, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, romance, and erotica.

I'd like my writing buddy to be at a similar skill level, or higher, and willing to give honest, even brutal, critiques. I want someone who will also write almost every day so we can help each other out. Ideally I want to spend about an hour talking every day to this person. Even once a week would be good!

If you are interested, PM me and we'll talk.

Last edited:

sharla

What's up??
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharlalovelace.com
An hour every day is going to be hard to find, I'm afraid. Typically people are looking for a once a week thing. Good luck!

Other

Registered
Reaction score
sharla, thanks for the input.

An hour a day is an ideal I know I probably won't get. I often wouldn't have time for that myself. Once a week would be okay.

You can look at a bit of my work at the Share Your Work section under Horror, called "Vampiric Birth."

Thanks everyone!

writerboyontour

Registered
Reaction score
I have been posting for a similar writing buddy and thought I found one, but then haven't heard from him. I am 32 and have been writing for maybe 14,15 years or so. I'm in the midst of a novel that would be classified as general/literary fiction, nearly 41k words now. I'm not interested in any of the genre's you like, but as I think of this I think it may be a benefit. Good writing is good writing, right, and maybe a bias against the genre may make us look deeper at each other's work for the part that works and attracts new readers.
I can be online about an hour a day, but I live in Seoul, so the time change may much things up. We also can email MS to each other and then return the next day with comments, or skype. Whatever, the technicals can work themselves out. lemme know with a PM and we can exchange real email/AIM addresses.
-Christopher

Other

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Christopher,

I'm interested in seeing if we can mesh. I tried to PM you and got a message stating that you either are not allowed to receive them or that you have chosen not to receive them. PM me if you can, if not just respond in this thread. If you aren't allowed to PM I wanna know what you did, you devil! ;)

My schedule is flexible, so if I have to stay up late or get up early or whatever to chat, I can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.